Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
P.L. Lights Systems produces state of the art greenhouse light fixtures for better quality, higher yield and long-term dependability.
Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture)
The Lighting Applications Specialist will be responsible for designing the best possible lighting solution for the customer's needs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for determining and validating the photometric application of lighting layouts. They will also be responsible for generating light plan documents that include lighting layouts, point-by-point calculations, renderings, etc.
The candidate will also be required to review and validate all sales orders for technical compliance with internal and external standards on all design parameters.
The candidate is responsible for duties including, but not limited to:
- Performing lighting calculations, photometric layouts and application renderings.
- Collaborating with the sales managers and clients to validate and suggest lighting solutions for new and existing projects.
- Technical validation of all sales orders.
- Supporting the marketing team with photometric diagrams, lighting plots and other data for various marketing materials.
- Assisting with product selection, design layout, and lighting calculations
- Assisting with in-house and collaborative research with third-party industry and academic partners.
- Post-secondary qualification in lighting design.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the lighting field and well versed with lighting calculation software ( Dialux, Relux, Calculux, AGI32 or similar)
- Familiarity with horticultural lighting would provide a distinct advantage.
- Computer competency required, including full proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent communicator in the field of Lighting application.
- Fosters collaboration and strong networks in the lighting community.
- Ability to simplify ideas/concepts for those not familiar with lighting.
- Knowledge of lighting components, technologies, materials and methods is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Collaborative team-player
- Strong customer-service focus (both internal and external stakeholders)
- Highly detail oriented, with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy
To apply: click here