Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Meiosis is primarily focused on supporting fruit breeders and fruit plant propagators. We are based in East Malling, Kent and operate internationally.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Interfacing with research institutes and breeders, tissue culture laboratories, propagator nurseries and triallists.
- Arranging the supply of trial plant material.
- Receiving and evaluating trials data.
- Liaising with and periodically visiting trial sites to monitor performance.
- Compiling summary reports for fruit plant breeders.
- Assisting with auditing of both propagators and fruit growers on a global basis.
- Assisting with the process of registering new varieties for Plant Variety Rights.
- Maintaining and updating the information on the company’s website.
The successful applicant is likely to possess the following key attributes:
- A horticultural or plant sciences graduate who is interested in soft fruit production and plant propagation.
- An excellent administrator with a good eye for detail.
- Willing to travel in the UK and overseas, with some nights away from home.
- A strong communicator with a high standard of written and spoken English.
- A good working knowledge of another European language such as Polish, Dutch, German or Spanish would be beneficial.
- IT literate with experience and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Knowledge of Inteum and WordPress would be beneficial.
- A clean driving licence is required.
Hours of Work: 08.30 to 17.00 with a 1 hour lunch Monday – Friday.
Holiday: 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
The post reports to the Senior Technical Manager.
To register your interest in this position please send your cover letter and CV to Laura Amos, firstname.lastname@example.org