Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Assistant Facility Manager/Grower
Location: Delta, British Columbia
As the Assistant Facility Manager/Grower you will be responsible for section(s) of the greenhouse while assisting the Regional Facility Manager in all phases of greenhouse operations including supervision and training of staff.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Management of all environmental, irrigation, fertilization & waste water controls
- Communicate with senior management on all aspects of the greenhouse
- Oversee bee and biological control programs
- Perform quality checks
- Prepare and track production costs
- Labour force cost management against budget
- Assist in managing all activities connected to the site, except packing
- Assist with all aspects of the crop including quality controls
- Ensure all required documentation is completed in a timely manner
- Responsible for the entire operation in the absence of the Facility Manager to maintain a clean, professional and safe site at all times (inside and out)
- Must be flexible in schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed. May be required to provide emergency response coverage.
- Conduct meetings with greenhouse staff on a regular basis and participate in Facility Manager meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines; ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and decision-making; analyze data and draw conclusions from it.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and good negotiation techniques; recognize problems and troubleshoot effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel).
- Strong math skills
- Strong observation skills.
- Ability to document and present reports on seminars, conference and consultant visits.
- Ability to effectively teach and demonstrate various crop job skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Horticulture or related field
How to Apply
Fax resumes/applications to (604) 398-3006 or email@example.com