Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers.
HORTICULTURE APPRENTICESHIP CONTRACT INSTRUCTORS Competition Number 17-161
The School of Horticulture at Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) invites applications for part-time non-regular type 1 (contract) instructors to teach in our Arborist Technician Apprenticeship program which runs for eight-weeks from January 8 to March 2, 2018.
Apprenticeship links learning and employment by providing apprentices the opportunity to further their education, while maintaining full-time employment in the horticulture industry.
The successful candidates will teach:
Arborist Technician Apprenticeship: The Arborist Technician Apprenticeship is the first of three sequential certificates for the Arboriculture Trade. Arborist Technician apprentices learn to identify and prune woody plants, gain knowledge of how to select gear for rigging, falling, limbing, and bucking trees and to safely perform other tree care operations. The program outline can be found at: itabc.ca/program/arborist-technician.
- AARB 1013 Biology, Pruning, and Planting (Lines D3, 4, 5, and 6). Describe basic tree biology and its importance to good arboriculture practices. Safely prune and plant trees to appropriate industry standards.
Minimum general qualifications for this position include 5 years of relevant experience. Preference will be given to individuals with ISA Certification and experience teaching in a post-secondary horticulture or agriculture program.
Those applicants interested in applying to teach can find further information on the School of Horticulture by visiting our website at: kpu.ca/hort/apprenticeship
Please forward a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and photocopies of post-secondary transcripts, quoting competition number 17-161 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting will close when suitable candidate has been chosen.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.