Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Permanent Full Time
Salary to be negotiated
Ball Australia is a leading supplier of starter plant material, both seed and propagated to wholesale nurseries, Australia wide. The company is part of Ball Horticultural Company based in Chicago and operates with some of the latest technology, equipment and systems.
The role is based at modern and new facilities in Skye, Victoria that are state of the art in the nursery industry and purpose built. The role will report to the Managing Director and is part of the Ball Australia Leadership team. It is preferred that the successful candidate has a Science Degree or equivalent and Technical expertise in the following fields:
- Irrigation management
- Nutrition management
- Climate control systems
- Pesticides and growth regulators
- Mother stock maintenance
The Growing manager must co-ordinate and oversee all growing activities of Ball Australia and ensure that the company’s high standards are met. This will include implementing and/or maintaining the following:
- Determine quality control check points and constantly review.
- Research growing protocols for new crops and implement into production.
- Conduct trials on new chemicals and methods prior to implementing into regular production.
- Oversee and manage quarantine greenhouse, and all procedures to comply with quarantine regulations.
- Respond to all Bio-Security issues as required
- Enhance and update Bio-Security information and reports.
The role requires an analytical thinker who has the ability to implement change and problem solve. The Leadership team are expected to adopt a continuous improvement strategy, as well as manage and motivate staff. There will be an expectation of longer hours of work, especially during peak times, and the need to work in hot temperatures over the Australian summer.
Interested applicants should email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants who have the right to work in Australia or who are prepared to apply for the right to work in Australia can be considered.