Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ontario Plants Propagation Limited
Assistant Grower - Canada
Permanent, Full Time
Salary to be negotiated
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. In order to help us accomplish this goal, we need to hire motivated passionate people. With that in mind we are looking for an Assistant Grower whose primary responsibilities will be working with the growing team to ensure high quality vegetable seedlings. More specifically these duties would include responsibility for an assigned section of greenhouse under the direction of the Head Grower; and working with a cross functional team to ensure productivity and quality goals for assignments are met.
- Responsible for growing activities in an assigned section of the greenhouse; including irrigation, pest control; and monitoring and maintaining climate as directed.
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity within the grafting team.
- Participate in quality and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Help maintain a safe and clean workplace.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
- Completion of post-secondary diploma in a related field
- Experience as a Supervisor or team lead an asset.
- Growing or greenhouse experience an asset.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to create logically ordered objectives.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
- Greenhouse environment in rural area
- Ability to work shifts including weekends
- Ability to work long hours when required, especially during peak seasons.
- Ability to work in evenings when required to complete greenhouse checks.
- Working in high temperatures.
Fax: 519 637 2449
Subject title: Assistant Grower
**Only those meeting the requirements will be considered. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations throughout this process, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119.