Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
As one of the largest greenhouse operations in the Midwest, we are committed to introducing fresh new ideas to the marketplace while utilizing production methods that are innovative, efficient and environmentally conscious.
We are seeking qualified GROWER MANAGERS to join our team.
- Under direction of Director of Growing, finish crops on time, at the correct quantities and per internal harvest specifications. Monitor and report variances as required
- Ensure that production protocols and established best practices are being followed
- Ensure that goals are set and that a feedback loop is established. Keep staff challenged through regular interaction, recognition of positive performance and exposure to different crops/areas as appropriate
- Hold direct reports accountable for expected results and to react accordingly when results aren't being met (e.g. via coaching, PIPs and progressive discipline)
- Maintain detailed notes related to crops produced
- Drive change through the continuous improvement process and constantly assess what's working well and what's not, making changes as needed
- Report concerns related to plant health, subordinate behavior or employee safety and act as a model for subordinates (i.e. walk the talk)
- Possess soft skills, including the ability to communicate thoughtfully and with respect toward others. A positive, flexible attitude and a common-sense approach are essential.
- Ensure that areas are free from weeds and debris, both inside and out
- Be a strong advocate for employee safety
- Ability to lead a team of Growers using a strong understanding of plant physiology, soil chemistry chemicals/fertilizers and the external factors that influence plant growth and development
- Must have an advanced understanding of Priva
- Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, or a closely related field
- 5-7+ years of experience
- The willingness to live and work from north central Ohio area
Interested? Apply online @ www.greencirclegrowers.com