Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Technical & Operations Manager
Senior role within a large Australian horticulture company
Use your strong experience and technical knowledge in onion production
Outstanding remuneration package, South Australia location
Our client is a large horticulture company which specialises in potatoes and onions, with major cropping areas and processing and packing facilities throughout Australia. Two of their production sites are based in the Riverland and Mallee regions of South Australia, and the company would now like to appoint a dedicated Operations Manager to oversee these onion production sites.
The Operation Manager - Onions will manage the onion operations to ensure that maximum yield and quality is met and ensure that best practise is applied to ground preparation, planting, growing and harvesting processes. You will a strong technical understanding of onion production.
• Manage the onion farm operations in line with financial budgets and cropping plans developed
• Oversee and manage all in crop requirements including pre-sowing programs, sowing, spraying, fertiliser application, irrigation scheduling, inspections, harvest planning and grading
• Liaise with the agronomy team on agronomy programs and plan including nutritionals and crop protection
• Manage the crop scouting process to assess pest pressure and crop performance to evaluate economic risk from pest infestations and disease, as well as to determine the potential effectiveness of pest and disease control interventions
• Research and manage variety trials, and provide outcome reports
• Manage, monitor, evaluate and report on quality, quality rankings, yield and performance
• Implement storage plans and manage storage of both ambient and cool storage
• Ensure stock draw down is managed by liaising with the sales department and managing harvest plans to ensure customer orders, projected sales, quantity and quality standards are met.
• You must be able to assist in delivering agronomic solutions to ensure the adoption of sustainable farming systems that use best farming practices and techniques to maximize production, reduce costs, and provide for long term across all onion farms
• You must have demonstrated experience managing all tasks involved with the planning, planting, growing and harvesting process, as well as strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on all levels.
Remuneration and Location
There is an outstanding salary package on offer to attract the right person for this senior management role. The role is based in South Australia.
Please apply or contact Dr. Ray Johnson, Senior Agribusiness Consultant and Managing Director by mobile on 0419012841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on the role if required.