Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Technical & Operations Manager
Senior role within a large Australian horticulture company
Use your strong experience and technical knowledge in onion production
Outstanding remuneration package, South Australia location
Our client is a large horticulture company which specialises in potatoes and onions, with major cropping areas and processing and packing facilities throughout Australia. Two of their production sites are based in the Riverland and Mallee regions of South Australia, and the company would now like to appoint a dedicated Operations Manager to oversee these onion production sites.
The Operation Manager - Onions will manage the onion operations to ensure that maximum yield and quality is met and ensure that best practise is applied to ground preparation, planting, growing and harvesting processes. You will a strong technical understanding of onion production.
• Manage the onion farm operations in line with financial budgets and cropping plans developed
• Oversee and manage all in crop requirements including pre-sowing programs, sowing, spraying, fertiliser application, irrigation scheduling, inspections, harvest planning and grading
• Liaise with the agronomy team on agronomy programs and plan including nutritionals and crop protection
• Manage the crop scouting process to assess pest pressure and crop performance to evaluate economic risk from pest infestations and disease, as well as to determine the potential effectiveness of pest and disease control interventions
• Research and manage variety trials, and provide outcome reports
• Manage, monitor, evaluate and report on quality, quality rankings, yield and performance
• Implement storage plans and manage storage of both ambient and cool storage
• Ensure stock draw down is managed by liaising with the sales department and managing harvest plans to ensure customer orders, projected sales, quantity and quality standards are met.
• You must be able to assist in delivering agronomic solutions to ensure the adoption of sustainable farming systems that use best farming practices and techniques to maximize production, reduce costs, and provide for long term across all onion farms
• You must have demonstrated experience managing all tasks involved with the planning, planting, growing and harvesting process, as well as strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate on all levels.
Remuneration and Location
There is an outstanding salary package on offer to attract the right person for this senior management role. The role is based in South Australia.
Please apply or contact Dr. Ray Johnson, Senior Agribusiness Consultant and Managing Director by mobile on 0419012841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on the role if required.