Job offersmore »
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
General Manager Farm Operations
• Leading role within a large Australian horticulture company
• Horticulture farming manager with “hands-on experience”
• Outstanding remuneration package, ideal location in Western Australia
Our client is one of the largest and most productive avocado farming enterprises in Australia. The business currently operates across two sites in Western Australia, with production of around 6,000 t/annum and with a farm-gate revenue of approximately $25-30 million. We are currently searching for a General Manager Farm Operations to take full responsibility for the farming business. The role requires a horticulture farming professional with “hands-on experience” and who is technically astute.
The General Manager Farm Operations will manage and drive the operational and financial performance of the business to maintain, expand and improve the excellent track record the business has developed. The person will continue to drive a culture of measured performance and innovation and make incremental gains to continue business improvement. The position encompasses a wide range of skills including crop agronomy, project and business management, mentoring and managing staff, and liaising with marketing companies to maximise the business in a practical and strategic manner at all levels.
This role will need a person with proven senior farm management skills and experience in a major horticulture production company, with specific knowledge of avocado production an advantage but not essential. A degree or equivalent in agricultural science is essential, with at least 5-7 years senior management experience in a similar role, preferably in perennial crops.
Remuneration and Location
There is an outstanding salary package on offer to attract the right person for this role. The role is based in Busselton, a coastal town in the SW region of Western Australia. The area has excellent public and private schools as well as outstanding amenities and is only 2.5 hrs from Perth.
Please send me your application or contact Dr. Ray Johnson, Managing Director, Agricultural Appointments on mobile +61 419012841 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion on the role if required.