Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Job type:Chief Operating OfficerDuration:Permanent
- Location:UAE/North-West Africa/Central Europe
- Skills required:Commercial / General Management / Planning / Logistics and Distribution / Finance / Management / Board Experience
- Sector:Fresh Produce / Agriculture / Horticulture / Food Manufacturing / Fresh Food and Drink / Fast Moving Consumer Goods / Agri-Business
- Salary:Excellent Base Salary + Performance Incentive Package + Other Benefits Commensurate with the Role
Our client is UAE based with significant land investments in the UAE, North West Africa and Central Europe. They are a leading grower and distributors of fresh produce from the country areas that they operate in majoring on the highest quality of product for their end customers and consumers. Their leading edge growing techniques sets them apart as well as the most economic use of their natural resources being water, energy and land. With the benefit of regional knowledge and expertise and with strategic investment in modern machinery and specialist training for their teams, our client has invested to increase output across its farming interests. They constantly look to encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and responsibility in their teams by being heavily oriented towards key development and training.
Due to ongoing growth, they are now looking to source a leading Chief Operating Officer to join their team.
Role Details and Requirements:
The main element of the role is to provide comprehensive leadership and direction to design and implement strategic plans for the ongoing company growth in the country areas that it operates in. As such you will be in control of the bulk of the operations (Farm production, Technical Affairs, supply chain, QA&QC) and manage the day to day operations for the crop production activities in the most cost-effective manner to agreed plans. This will also include:
- Developing and directing the implementation of the defined business plans.
- Review and manage performance of the reporting operations units and departments
- Devise, oversee and control the financial and manpower budgets.
- Monitor, analyze and take necessary actions to drive performance of all of the operations.
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the global/regional trends and best practices in the Agri-Business sectors.
- Prioritize strategic projects in line with company objectives and be responsible for overall implementation of strategic projects.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities to support long-term business development plans
- Develop the agriculture expansion plan technically and financially.
- Enhance existing technology and develop new techniques to enable and maximize crops production with the highest quality and quantity.
- Ensure that all products (vegetables/fruits/forage) are produced and prepared for delivery based on pre-arranged specifications in terms of quality, quantity, and cost-competitiveness.
- Establish policies and processes for the effective, systematic and integrated functioning of the entire Procurement teams.
The Candidate We Seek:
- Ideally 10 plus years of experience in agriculture or related fields out of which at least five should have been in function leading position.
- Excited by the journey and challenges of scaling an international Agri-Business such as our clients.
- Take a results oriented and quantitative approach to management and operations. Possess an innate ability to learn new things quickly and simultaneously lead multiple complex projects/ strategic initiatives.
- Has experience with implementing growth strategies, driving efficiency, improving and developing strong processes, and more broadly instilling operational rigor within an organization.
- Objectively develops KPIs, budgets, and forecasts and actively tracks performance to these metrics.
- Above all, you are a likeable, entrepreneurial, and people oriented individual who can motivate and lead diverse management teams globally.
- Ideally a background in fresh foods, agriculture and/ or FMCG on an international basis.
- A proven leader and problem solver with a track record of operational and management “wins” capable of inspiring and motivating teams
- Willingness to travel and spend significant time “on site” to support portfolio company growth and operational initiatives
- Degree educated with an MBA or other relevant advanced degree would be viewed favourable
Apply now for immediate consideration via this website or call Max MacGillivray for a confidential conversation on +44 (0) 1284 715055 quoting reference 4716M