Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Malaysia: Japanese square watermelons sold in Kuala Lumpur
- Costa Rica: Pineapple producers fear the bonanza is coming to an end
- Extreme temperatures in Europe cause worst vegetable crisis in 40 years
- 'Readycado': Sensor alerts avo lovers when fruit is ready to eat
- European garlic competing with California on freight to East Coast
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- Kenya overtakes South Africa to become Africa's biggest exporter of avocados
- Italy: 150 million euros confiscated from fruit and veg Mafiosi
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
As a pioneer in the production of bumblebees since 1987, Biobest has become one of the world’s leading companies in natural pollination and biological control of pests and diseases. Known since many years for its bumblebees and wide range of beneficial insects, mites and nematodes, the company now offers a complete range of natural solutions including biopesticides, monitoring and scouting tools, pheromones...
With 15 group companies in 5 continents, distributors in more than 60 countries and over 900 employees worldwide, we stand prepared to provide growers with tailor-made advice. We focus on vegetables, ornamentals, soft-fruits and orchards. With the power of our natural solutions, a successful crop goes hand in hand with a healthy product and a clean environment.
International position which consist in:
- providing technical assistance and field trainings to our subsidiaries, distributors and direct clients in IPM and Pollination.
- guiding them in the optimal use of Biobest products (bumblebees, Biocontrol solutions, products for monitoring and scouting) within the following crop range: greenhouse crops (vegetables, ornamentals, soft fruits…) and open field (vegetables, orchards, public greens ...)
- defining the most appropriate technical strategy for the clients of your area and for the Biobest Group.
- giving feedback on field observations with a complete reporting of the travelling.
- actively collaborating within the team by attending meetings and exchanging on current technical matters.
- organizing and leading technical meetings for tech/commercial representatives in our subsidiaries and retailers to develop new bio-control and pollination strategies.
- collaborating and communicating with other departments like R&D and commercial team to set up demonstration trials and to support new product development.
- creating technical documents (technical sheets, presentations, posters…).
- participating in trade fairs, scientific symposia, workshops…
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in horticulture or agriculture.
- Autonomous, opened, dedicated and flexible person, willing to travel (50 % of the time min.) and able to operate in different cultural settings.
- Min. 2 years of practical experience in IPM/biological control in ornamental crops, other crops like vegetables would be a plus.
- Good listener, capacity to analyze situations and to take decisions. Able to lead meetings, team spirit, opened, positive and communicative attitude.
- Languages: Fluent in English and any other important spoken language would be very much appreciated.
- Good experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Location of the job: Belgium or any other Western Europe country.
- A challenging and exciting position in an international growing company within a promising sector of agriculture.
- Working with a dynamic team
- A competitive salary and benefits package
Please send your cover letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org.