Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
As the world’s leader Philips Lighting is driving the switch to energy-efficient solutions. With worldwide electrical lighting using 19 per cent of all electricity, the use of energy-efficient lighting will significantly reduce energy consumption around the world and thereby cut harmful CO2 emissions. Philips provides advanced energy-efficient solutions for all segments: road lighting, office & industrial, hospitality and home. Philips is also a leader in shaping the future with exciting new lighting applications and technologies such as LED technology, which, besides energy efficiency, provides attractive benefits and endless new ‘never-before-possible’ lighting solutions.
Philips Lighting has been leading in growth lighting for many years. The latest development in growth lighting is the application of LED technology. Philips Horticulture defines and delivers solutions which enable the growers globally to increase the productivity with lesser energy costs. Finding the best solution for the grower involves partnership development with multiple partners such as the grower-associations, research centers, and build relationship with specialized financing, business and growers consultancy agencies. The Philips Horticulture team is a multi-disciplinary and very specialized team of true professionals specialized in the horticulture business. They all share the same passion of creating happy growers through the use of LED lighting.
The role is part of the Europe Sales team working on the Nordic Region. The objective is to keep the leading position of Philips in horticulture and increase awareness and preference in the area of Vegetables, such as High wired crops and lettuces. In the Nordic region you are working closely with the region sales manager Nordics and are additionally supported to build your knowledge with your colleagues in the Netherlands and Russia.
As a Plant Specialist, you contribute to the success of Philips Horticultural LED Solutions, by identifying and advising on the best LED lighting recipes for plant growing practices in vegetable and floriculture crops, mostly in greenhouses, with focus on Finland with possibility of expansion into Norway, Denmark and Russia.
You are responsible to support customer’s projects in your region and setting up and following new research projects. This includes relationship building with customers and academic networks necessary to achieve business objectives for the region. You will regularly travel to customers/ projects in your region. This role reports to Sales Director in Europe and Region Sales Manager.
Your key responsibilities are in the following areas:
Commercial and application research
- Develop recipes by setting up projects based upon the business development plan for the region, the recipe roadmap, as well as by support on test request of customers.
- Provide customer support during use of light recipe
- Share knowledge externally with customers and partners, by means of e.g. presentations, reports, articles.
- Support sales with application knowledge to realize a commercial deal
- Support global plant specialists with recipe knowledge
- Build relationships with knowledgeable universities and key-influencers that enable knowledge or promotion
- Support sales by doing customer visits and bringing new leads
- Represent Philips Horticultural LED business at fairs and other events
- Keep up to date with developments and interests in the market on light but also on other developments in greenhouses by joining seminars, reading internet, fairs, doing projects together with other companies / partners etc.
- Provide input to product development and marketing on new opportunities for Philips Horticulture.
We welcome you to a challenging, innovative environment with great opportunities for you to explore.
Our benefits are very competitive and designed around your preferences:
- 25 Days of leave and the possibility to purchase up to 20 extra days off annually
- A variable bonus based on both Philips results and personal performance
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personal development budget, free training and coaching
- Solid company pension scheme and attractive collective health insurance package
- Opportunity to buy Philips shares and products with discount
- Healthy work-life balance
We are looking for
- Bachelor or master degree (preferably in Horticulture or Biology)
- Minimum 3 years working experience, preferably in the area of high-wire (tomato/cucumber) or other vegetable greenhouse production, consultancy or research
- Passionate about greenhouse technology and plant physiology!
- Knowledge of lighting is an advantage
- Committed, drive for result, no non-sense & to-the-point
- Willing and liking to travel 50% of the time
- Preferable to speak Finnish or Russian
- Structured way of working
- Good communication skills, conscientious and pro-active
- You are an excellent team player, but you are also capable to work in a very autonomous way
If you’re interested in this opportunity to join us, please upload your resume and motivation letter through the Philips career site- vacancy number 271768.
After a pre-selection process based on your CV, you will be invited for a face-to-face recruitment- and business interviews.