Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Significant increase of Egyptian agricultural exports to Russia
- ROP's modified atmosphere (MA) bulk liner and ROP's MA Ultra-thin film
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL TABLE GRAPE MARKET
- WAPA: EU expects biggest apple harvest in 10 years
- Indiana Troopers find 1 million dollars worth of marijuana stashed with lettuce
Top 5 - last month
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Wawona acquires stone fruit breeding operations of Burchell Nursery
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- Walmart: purchase of Perimercados, Super Compro and Saretto
- New Transatlantic route brings huge vessels to Port of Liverpool
Exchange ratesmore »
General Manager Operations
Mountain Blue is a family owned and operated company that specialises in the sale and production of some the best blueberry varieties in the world. The Mountain Blue group of companies comprises a proprietary genetics program, commercial nursery, farming operations, a network of third party growers and a marketing division.
Mountain Blue has a strong presence in the global and domestic markets and is looking to fast track growth in 2017 and beyond in a sustainable fashion.
About the Role
Located in Northern NSW, it is an ideal setting for someone looking for a sea/tree change or a local looking to take his or her career to the next level. There will be a major focus on managing operations at our Tabulam sites.
The General Manager Operations is a key member of the senior leadership team, reporting to the Managing Director. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who thrives on growth and evolution, and getting the best out of their employees.
Supporting the Managing Director
Managing team operations, located across a number of sites, including a packing shed and various farms
Supporting the execution of day to day activities, ensuring efficiencies are kept at a maximum
Budgeting and reporting tasks, including identifying areas for improvement
Managing multiple tasks and deadlines at any one time
Providing updated and timely information to internal/external stakeholders
Tertiary qualification in Business/Management or related discipline desired
Experience in a high level horticultural management role for a minimum of five years is desired
Demonstrated ability to manage projects including strong leadership and organisation skills
An innovative and creative mind set
A solid understanding of horticulture production systems
Experience within the Horticulture industry is essential and berry experience will be viewed favourably
Market competitive remuneration and unique employee benefits.
The salary for this position will be dependent upon the skills, experience and qualifications held. A relocation package is negotiable for the right candidate.
How to Apply
Please provide a cover letter outlining exactly how you meet the selection criteria listed above (1 page only) along with an up to date resume with at least two professional referees to our People and Culture Manager, Gabe Kerz: email@example.com. For any enquiries, please phone +61 266 248 258.