Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- New Zealand company creates robots for horticulture
- Maersk outlines techniques to preserve quality of blueberries during shipment
- Hydroponics, focusing on nutritional value per hectare
- NZ: The apple varieties putting the focus back into taste
- Fresh Del Monte Produce to buy back $300 million in outstanding shares
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
POSITION TITLE Nursery Systems Manager
- Can be based Melbourne, QLD or Tasmania
- F/T Permanent
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Employer Sponsorship + Visa & Relocation Costs
We are a rapidly growing and leading supplier of nutritious and great tasting berries to Australian's all over. First established in 2010 through a joint venture partnership owned by Driscoll's (USA) - the world leading marketer in fresh berries, and Costa - Australia's largest fresh produce company, Driscollís Australia has experienced year-on-year growth since. A true success story, our mission is to delight consumers with only the finest berries.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a lead technical expert in hydroponic and containerised plant production techniques to join our team, in this nationally focused role.
You will be liaising with both in-house and third party nurseries and empowered to make decisions on plant production methods across all 4 of our berry types. You will utilise your expertise in advanced planting systems to develop and implement best-practice guidelines extending to Long Cane Rubus, Containerised & Tray Systems. The delivery of training and guidance to our technical and nursery teams will also form part of this role. Your key duties extend to but not limited to:
- Research & Analysis: Developing advanced methods to increase plant yields through technical trials, tests and analysis.
- Production Systems & Techniques: Developing new growth methods; delivery of specialistsí advice and support to nurseries; identification of best-practice pest & disease management programs; continuous improvement initiatives; and ensuring alignment with global-practice standards.
- Plant Health & Physiology: Developing guidelines to achieve optimum propagation; management of Clean Stock Program; and provision of technical advice to internal teams.
You will be part of a team and global network of technical talent. You will be given full autonomy and decision making abilities in the development of nursery system plant production guidelines and procedures, and nominated as the Companyís lead technical advisor.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualifications in Horticulture, Plant Science or related discipline
- Technical writing and analytical skills
- Ability to guide and train others in best practice techniques through use of solid interpersonal, communication & relationship building skills
- Expertise in soil-less, hydroponic berry plant production techniques including pest & disease management
- Practical experience as well as technical knowledge is preferred
- Ability to travel both interstate and international
Please submit a recent resume to email@example.com