Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- "We are building a global brand, it's not just about selling apples"
- "Our Kissabel apples go beyond offering a new variety"
- “An auction is a good way to sell large volumes in a short time”
- Accu-Label customizes labeling solutions and introduces new tray labeler
- “Our Edipeel product keeps ripe avocados ripe for twice as long”
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
- Peru: French company is interested in dried organic produce
Exchange ratesmore »
POSITION TITLE Nursery Systems Manager
- Can be based Melbourne, QLD or Tasmania
- F/T Permanent
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Employer Sponsorship + Visa & Relocation Costs
We are a rapidly growing and leading supplier of nutritious and great tasting berries to Australian's all over. First established in 2010 through a joint venture partnership owned by Driscoll's (USA) - the world leading marketer in fresh berries, and Costa - Australia's largest fresh produce company, Driscoll’s Australia has experienced year-on-year growth since. A true success story, our mission is to delight consumers with only the finest berries.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a lead technical expert in hydroponic and containerised plant production techniques to join our team, in this nationally focused role.
You will be liaising with both in-house and third party nurseries and empowered to make decisions on plant production methods across all 4 of our berry types. You will utilise your expertise in advanced planting systems to develop and implement best-practice guidelines extending to Long Cane Rubus, Containerised & Tray Systems. The delivery of training and guidance to our technical and nursery teams will also form part of this role. Your key duties extend to but not limited to:
- Research & Analysis: Developing advanced methods to increase plant yields through technical trials, tests and analysis.
- Production Systems & Techniques: Developing new growth methods; delivery of specialists’ advice and support to nurseries; identification of best-practice pest & disease management programs; continuous improvement initiatives; and ensuring alignment with global-practice standards.
- Plant Health & Physiology: Developing guidelines to achieve optimum propagation; management of Clean Stock Program; and provision of technical advice to internal teams.
You will be part of a team and global network of technical talent. You will be given full autonomy and decision making abilities in the development of nursery system plant production guidelines and procedures, and nominated as the Company’s lead technical advisor.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualifications in Horticulture, Plant Science or related discipline
- Technical writing and analytical skills
- Ability to guide and train others in best practice techniques through use of solid interpersonal, communication & relationship building skills
- Expertise in soil-less, hydroponic berry plant production techniques including pest & disease management
- Practical experience as well as technical knowledge is preferred
- Ability to travel both interstate and international
Please submit a recent resume to email@example.com