Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
- Greenyard estimates damage of recall at 30 million Euros
- Enormous turnout makes for highly successful Organic Produce Summit
- Looking inside the packing house of a California avocado grower-shipper
- Socially conscious blueberry program links consumers with farmers
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
POSITION TITLE Nursery Systems Manager
- Can be based Melbourne, QLD or Tasmania
- F/T Permanent
- Attractive Remuneration Package
- Employer Sponsorship + Visa & Relocation Costs
We are a rapidly growing and leading supplier of nutritious and great tasting berries to Australian's all over. First established in 2010 through a joint venture partnership owned by Driscoll's (USA) - the world leading marketer in fresh berries, and Costa - Australia's largest fresh produce company, Driscoll’s Australia has experienced year-on-year growth since. A true success story, our mission is to delight consumers with only the finest berries.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a lead technical expert in hydroponic and containerised plant production techniques to join our team, in this nationally focused role.
You will be liaising with both in-house and third party nurseries and empowered to make decisions on plant production methods across all 4 of our berry types. You will utilise your expertise in advanced planting systems to develop and implement best-practice guidelines extending to Long Cane Rubus, Containerised & Tray Systems. The delivery of training and guidance to our technical and nursery teams will also form part of this role. Your key duties extend to but not limited to:
- Research & Analysis: Developing advanced methods to increase plant yields through technical trials, tests and analysis.
- Production Systems & Techniques: Developing new growth methods; delivery of specialists’ advice and support to nurseries; identification of best-practice pest & disease management programs; continuous improvement initiatives; and ensuring alignment with global-practice standards.
- Plant Health & Physiology: Developing guidelines to achieve optimum propagation; management of Clean Stock Program; and provision of technical advice to internal teams.
You will be part of a team and global network of technical talent. You will be given full autonomy and decision making abilities in the development of nursery system plant production guidelines and procedures, and nominated as the Company’s lead technical advisor.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualifications in Horticulture, Plant Science or related discipline
- Technical writing and analytical skills
- Ability to guide and train others in best practice techniques through use of solid interpersonal, communication & relationship building skills
- Expertise in soil-less, hydroponic berry plant production techniques including pest & disease management
- Practical experience as well as technical knowledge is preferred
- Ability to travel both interstate and international
Please submit a recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org