Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Second season for Idaho's only commercial blueberry grower
- Walmart plans to sell Japanese supermarket unit Seiyu
- Greenyard under fire after listeria contamination
- AU: New fully recyclable packaging set to take fresh produce industry by storm
- NY cherry growers could harvest sweet profits with tall greenhouses
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Farmer common sense in business
We are looking for people who are entrepreneurial,
focused on performance, clients and results,
and able to work in a team
Agriterra is the development and advisory organisation of the agricultural sector in the Netherlands. It focuses on strengthening the position which cooperatives and farmers’ organisations in Africa, Asia and Latin America occupy in the market, in the supply chain and in consultations with governments. Next to local teams of business advisors, Agriterra uses peer-to-peer advice from the Dutch (cooperative) agri & food sector. These Agriterra experts, named agripoolers, share their experience in and knowledge of production improvements, service provision, agricultural extension, cooperative entrepreneurship and advocacy with their peers in other countries.
Agriterra is the specialist in the field of increasing the business performance of cooperatives and farmers’ organisations in developing countries. Its ambitions in terms of service provision, knowledge, efficiency and efficacy are sky-high. Cooperatives and farmers’ organisations in developing countries can count on becoming stronger through adopting Agriterra’s advice. This is based on the concept that a strong and well-organised agricultural sector is necessary to ensure rapid economic growth and a more equitable distribution of prosperity and well-being.
Agriterra’s annual turnover is approximately 15 million euros, has ISO certification and has over 100 employees, both in the Netherlands and abroad.
For our activities in China we are looking for an
business advisor (m/f)
Location: Chongqing - China
As a business advisor, you provide expert advice, coordinate advisory trajectories with clients (farmer cooperatives and organisations), and have an advisory and broker role in the closing of business deals with financial institutions and the private sector. In order to achieve this, you initiate and maintain a network that includes cooperatives and farmers’ organisations, financial institutions, traders, service providers and other stakeholders in the value chain. You initiate and guide change trajectories with clients, and do lobby, mediate and support negotiation processes, as well as prepares business deals. This is therefore a dream job for you! At least if you are a real pioneer!
- Provide business development advice and facilitate change management to cooperatives that allow them to realise their business growth potential
- Investigate opportunities to finance business plans of cooperatives, support the establishment of contacts and negotiate business agreements with banks, investors and other financiers (governments and the business sector).
- Help develop financially sustainable structures within cooperatives and farmers’ organisations to enhance their service provision and agricultural extension to their members.
- Provide clients with guidance relating to change trajectories, to promote the interests of farmers, associations and cooperatives, with the authorities of the relevant developing countries.
- Collect and systematise information about clients and advisory processes, such as financial reports and annual overviews.
- Build expertise in a specific area of interest (for example supply chain management, marketing or HR management) and/or on a specific subject or subject of current interest, with a focus on product development, in which he/she will act as the expert point of reference, both within and outside the organisation.
- A bachelor’s degree in business economics or a similar field.
- Extensive experience in and knowledge of one or more of the fields in which Agriterra achieves results, such as cooperative business development, market chain development, agricultural service provision, entrepreneurship, governance, and financial management.
- Relevant practical knowledge and experience in the Dutch and Asian agri & food and/or cooperative sector.
- High level of proficiency in Dutch and English. Knowledge of Mandarin would be an advantage.
- Enthusiastic, focused on results and service, and with adequate advisory or training skills.
- Able and willing to reside in Xi-an or Chongqing and used to frequent travelling.
What we have to offer
A position which requires you to be highly self-reliant and use your pioneering skills in order to operate in dynamic international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector. At Agriterra, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving results. As a business advisor, you will be working under the direct supervision of the agri-advice manager and will be part of the China team of business advisors as well as of the Asia team. Agriterra is offering a full-time position for a period of one year, with the intention of extending the contract. If successful, you will spend the first three months becoming acquainted with the role at our headquarters in Arnhem. The working conditions and additional benefits are good. The salary offered will depend on your experience, age and family situation.
Are you interested?
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the profile? Apply with a cover letter and curriculum vitae, by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, for the attention of C.C. van Rij, MBA, manager agri-advice. If you require further information, you can also contact him by sending an e-mail. Please note that if you do not meet all the requirements in the profile, we cannot take your application into consideration.
6800 AD Arnhem
tel: 026 4455 445
The power is to the organised!
Acquisition to this vacancy will not be appreciated.