Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Production Manager - Australia
- Based in Perth, Tasmania (15 min from Launceston CBD)
- Expertise in Substrate & Hydroponics essential
- Growing Berry Produce Company
- F/T Permanent + Attractive salary package
WHO WE ARE
Driscoll’s Australia is a fresh and energetic brand that promises to deliver nutritious, great tasting berries to Australian’s all over the country. Created in 2010, Driscoll’s Australia is a joint venture partnership owned by Driscoll’s (USA), the world’s leading marketer in fresh berry, and Costa, Australia’s largest fresh produce company. Since inception, our mission is to delight consumers with only the finest berries.
Our in-house nursery operation performs planting, harvesting and distribution of high quality plant material delivered to our valued growers across Australia. As the business has expanded its footprint, so too is our nursery experiencing growth and is currently seeking an experienced production manager specializing in container-based & substrate propagation techniques to join the team.
Reporting directly to the Nursery Ops Manager, you will have responsibility and oversight of all operations relating to container & substrate produced plants ensuring the efficient and timely planting, growing, cultivating, and pest management, harvest, trimming and shipping processes.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- This role will ideally suit those candidates who can satisfy the following criteria:
- Previous exp. In a similar capacity/role with knowledge of hydroponic and substrate plant production techniques.
- Tertiary qualifications in Horticulture, Agriculture or related field ideal but not essential.
- Ability to prepare and report on operating costs using basic accounting and financial systems.
- Leadership and supervision experience and capabilities of a small team.
Please submit a recent resume to firstname.lastname@example.org