Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Logistics Coordinator - Export Sales Support - (Walnut Creek, CA)
We are a premier export trading company of fresh produce with offices in California, Washington, South Africa, Peru, and Chile, servicing our clients in Asia with produce year-round.
This position involves coordination and management of all West Coast logistics to support our sales team in the export of fresh produce from North America to global markets.
- Coordinating all new orders with sales team and suppliers to arrange for pick-up and delivery to port locations
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with trucking companies specializing in reefer drayage
- Maintaining service contracts with carriers to optimize best rates and transit options for ocean freight
- Managing vessel bookings and coordinating equipment with trucking companies
- Maintaining constant oversight of vessel schedules and active orders
- Coordination with packing/supply companies to ensure accurate product loading
- Organization of documentation involved with all of the above
- Experience in Logistics or Supply Chain Management
- Strong work ethic and critical thinking skills in order to rapidly solve problems independently
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, with time sensitive decisions on the line
- Ability to anticipate any difficulties that will arise
- High attention to detail and good communication skills
- Understanding of steamship line operating procedures
- Booking management for Ocean and Air Cargo
- Experience working with trucking companies
- Knowledge of Intermodal Operations, especially in refrigerated cargo
- Experience in the produce business highly desired
Bilingual preferred but not required.
Compensation is commensurate with experience - includes medical, dental, and 401K
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual to grow this position, where you will be exposed to all aspects of the produce export industry and international trade.
Please email resume, a brief introduction/cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com *No phone calls please*