Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Head grower - Huron, Ohio
Mucci Farms is opening the first phase (24 acres) of a multi-year, three phase operation in Huron Ohio which will cover a total of 60 acres and feature the newest and latest state of the art greenhouses equipped with grow light technology. The facility will also include a 272,000 sq. ft. distribution warehouse to support the Company’s growing US customer base. You will be part of a growing team of Greenhouse fruit and vegetable products with superior flavour, the highest quality and freshness, delivered through award winning branding & packaging.
The Head Grower will coordinate all aspects of the product development and applied plant science based production in a new 24 acre greenhouse for TOV production.
Based at: Huron, Ohio; must live in close proximity in order to respond to alarms and emergencies in a short period of time.
Type of Employment: Full time, permanent, 6 days a week; often extended hours depending on workload and priorities.
Position Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Oversee 25 acres TOV production with grow light technology
- Determine nutrient and watering/moisture requirements
- Control pests by implementing Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Control environmental conditions by regulating humidity, ventilation, and temperature utilizing Priva climate control software.
- Communicates cultural or plant issues to management immediately.
- Responsible for troubleshooting crop issues and diagnosis of unknown health or damage problems.
- Maintain records of crop activities and observations, including pesticide applications and growth records.
- Know specifications for each crop.
- Develops growing schedules for TOV production.
- Help to troubleshoot greenhouse mechanical/environmental control systems.
- Delegate and set routines for Grower Helpers/Assistants.
- Aid in the training of Grower Assistants/Helpers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Operate and maintain equipment used in greenhouse operations including irrigation, fertilization, weed and pest monitoring and control, etc.
- Work efficiently and independently within a team environment.
- Maintain high standards of conduct and professionalism and lead tem to success.
- Must be able to work in the U.S.A.
- Minimum 3-years of experience as a Grower in a high-tech glass greenhouse environment with vine crops.
- Familiarity with Priva computer software.
- Must have a strong understanding of plant growth and interaction with varying environmental conditions and requirements.
- Must be familiar with horticultural nomenclature.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English; additional languages (i.e. Spanish, will be considered an asset).
- Post secondary education in a related field will be considered an asset.
Note: this description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined and other duties may be assigned.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com