Job offersmore »
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER for a leading international Fresh Sector business
Skills required:Commercial / General Management / Planning / Logistics and Distribution / Finance / Information Technology / Management / CRM/IT / Board Experience
Qualifications:Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAEW / CIMA) / BScSector:Fresh Produce / Agriculture / Horticulture / Food Manufacturing / Fresh Food and Drink / Retail / Fast Moving Consumer Goods / Agri-Business
Salary:Excellent Base Salary + Performance Incentive Package + Other Benefits Commensurate with the Role
Our client Halls, is a leading vertically integrated fresh produce business specialising in the farming, sourcing, packing, ripening, distribution and marketing of a range of sub-tropical fruit, with a primary focus on avocados. With a history of over 125 years in agriculture, Halls is a global company with operations in South Africa, the United Kingdom, France and the Netherlands.
Halls is based on the strong values and long-term partnerships that they share and build with all of their stakeholders be it their employees, shareholders, grower partners, communities and their customers. Driven by the pioneering spirit embedded in their DNA, they continually seek ways to exceed their stakeholder’s expectations. With over 125 years of being in business, they are still family-owned and a member of the HL Hall & Sons group. Long-term sustainability is not only their legacy; it is the essence of who they are.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for the overall Finance function of the Company, encompassing the primary day-to-day planning, implementation, management and control of all financial-related activities. Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will also have a longer term and equally important focus on strategy development and implementation, assuming a critical strategic role in setting the direction of the Company.
The position includes having direct responsibility for finance accounting, forecasting and funding together with legal, insurance and IT related activities. The candidate will forge strong relationships with multiple stakeholders including shareholders, bankers, auditors and other regulatory authorities as well as the HL Hall & Sons group board and finance team.
Overall, the CFO will work extensively with the Company’s Executive Management team, developing strong, collaborative relationships and providing business finance leadership to support the implementation of the Company’s strategy.
The CFO will lead the Company’s Finance team in delivering the following:
- Business and Financial Leadership
- Group Reporting
- Financial Year-end and Audit
- Budget Process
- Strategic Planning Process
- Financial Management
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Tax Planning
- Treasury Management
- You will be degree qualified, have significant experience in food/FMCG (or similar sectors) and be ACA or FCA accredited with suitable experience in professional practice.
- Ability to think strategically, but have a hands-on pragmatic approach to implementation.
- Proven track record of strategic financial application i.e. the ability to put forward sound strategic recommendations based on the analysis and interpretation of the numbers.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with an ability to prioritise and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- An enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Skills to develop and negotiate contracts.
- An entrepreneurially-minded self-starter consistently looking for new ways to grow and strengthen the company outside of the traditional boundaries of the CFO role.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships both internally and externally.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Advanced practical knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) is essential.
Please note that Halls is working with Redfox Executive Selection on an exclusive retained basis. As such any 3rd party CV’s will be directly forwarded to Redfox.