Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
The leading agriculture consulting and R&D firm of Southeast Asia is looking for an Vegetable Production Specialist.
Fresh Studio is the leading agriculture consultancy and R&D firm in Southeast Asia. Our mission is to make our clients successful in the sustainable production and marketing of food. Since 2006, we have worked passionately to achieve this mission and assist our clients to improve all practices from farm to fork. With a professional international and multi-disciplinary team of 80 staff, five offices, one food lab, two R&D farms in Vietnam and Myanmar, we are playing an important role in professionalizing the agriculture sector in the region. To further increase our positive impact on the agribusiness sector of Southeast Asia, we are looking for an Vegetable Production Specialist. to be based in Da Lat.
For more information about Fresh Studio, visit our website http://www.freshstudio.vn
1. Job identification
Position : Vegetable Production Specialist
Department : R&D / Sourcing
Location : Da Lat
2. Key Organizational Relationships
Report to : R&D Director Crops or relevant project leader
Supervise : N/A
3. Summary of responsibilities
This job is primarily held responsible for designing, organizing and implementing activities related to:
- Vegetable production research and development
- Vegetable production extension and monitoring systems
- Project management and reporting
This ranges from developing extension strategies and implementing these strategies into tactical instruments and final implementation (farm monitoring, farmer training, commercial introduction of products of our clients etc.) to improving the local production systems by testing and evaluating new production techniques, setting up and evaluating trials to provide clear results in the end reporting.
The Agriculture Consultant shall develop and maintain an extensive network within the agriculture sector (private sector, governmental institutions, NGO’s, etc.) that will support access to knowhow, project acquisition and support project implementation. Maintain the relationship with the current clients and project partners.
4. Duties and responsibilities
A. Agricultural research
- Support project team in designing research strategies and related tools
- Design trials
- Collecting data from a variety of sources, including trials
- Implementing desk and field research
- Analyzing and interpreting data to formulate conclusions and recommendations
- Using written and oral reports, graphs, charts and diagrams to present findings to clients;
- Writing detailed reports.
- Provide technical support and advise to colleagues and staff
- Make suggestions to improve the current production systems
- Design agriculture systems extension system including system organization, related tools such as training materials.
- Design agriculture farm monitoring systems, including farm performances analysis, evaluation and improvements strategy.
- Organize and conduct training and training workshop for implementation team, farmers, etc.
- Support the implementation of designed systems and tools at field level
- Manage the assigned activities within a project
- Report to the direct supervisor and assigned clients, project activities and results
- Report any issue (internal or external) jeopardizing the realization of a project or our activities to the direct supervisor or HR Supervisor
Minimum Educational Requirement:
- MSc degree in the field of agriculture or horticulture related food crops
- Practical experience with modern/western vegetable production techniques
- 2-5 years in the related field
- Excellent in both verbal and written English communication
- Able to make statistical analysis of data
- Enjoy working in field
- Hands on mindset
- Passionate for excellence and result-driven
- A team player
- Proactive and a positive mindset.
You can send your motivation letter and CV to email@example.com. For more information, please contact the Fresh Studio HR Manager through firstname.lastname@example.org