Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Technical Support Specialist - USA
This full-time salaried position is responsible for specifying and supporting Heliospectra horticultural lighting hardware and software solutions to achieve successful outcomes for greenhouse growers, controlled environment agriculture (CEA) farmers, scientists, partners and others remotely by phone or email and at their places of businesses in North, Central, and South America.
Interested? Please send your Cover Letter & CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
System Design and Coordination:
Responsible for the technical specification of standard and custom-configured networked lighting systems. A typical project may include gathering customer requirements, interpreting architectural drawings, creating light plans, planning light usage, specifying standard and custom configurations based on site electrical and networking requirements, submitting utility rebate applications, coordinating with teammates and contractors, troubleshooting and documenting all details to ensure project objectives are met.
Provide excellent service to internal and external customers. Coordinate closely with US and Sweden-based colleagues in sales, product management, logistics and supply chain management in meeting customer needs. Log all written and verbal customer communications within a customer relationship management (CRM) system.
Training and Staff Development:
Train customers in the use of Heliospectra solutions. Support and develop online and offline programs that develop technical skills in fellow employees. Collaborate with technical teammates in Heliospectra’s Gothenburg, Sweden headquarters through participation in regular technical support meetings and special projects.
Continuous Performance Improvement:
Communicate product needs and market trends to product management team. Drive initiatives that improve service quality and efficiency. Seek out opportunities for education and training.
- Plan weekly and monthly service goals.
- Maintain regular contact with our installed customer base.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems with products and or deliveries.
- Attend and support the company’s participation at industry trade shows and events.
- Stay current on all industry norms and trends in horticultural lighting, controls, and energy efficiency.
- Understand competitive products and business models.
- Additional related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Electrical Engineering, IT or similar.
- 3+ years of relevant professional or educational experience, e.g. lighting controls, technical support or horticultural application.
- Experience managing multiple projects and competing deadlines.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a diverse workforce and customer base.
- Competency to quickly grasp and effectively convey technical concepts.
- Ability to use standard and specialized computer software including Microsoft Office, CRM and lighting/AutoCAD or similar.
- Strong English language verbal and written communication skills; Spanish language skills a plus.
- Ability to set up a professional working environment in a home office.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license, a passport and a clean driving record.
- Enthusiasm for domestic and international travel (estimated 25% of work hours).
- Can-do spirit.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Heliospectra AB (publ) (OTCQB: HLSPY, FIRSTNORTH: HELIO) (www.heliospectra.com) is an innovative Swedish company with patented advanced lighting technologies and market-leading software control for commercial greenhouses, indoor farming, and plant research facilities.
Heliospectra delivers the industry’s most proven intelligent lighting solution for controlled plant growth environments. Our team of plant and light experts is solely focused on giving growers the ability to produce crops that look better, taste better and last longer. Founded in 2006 to make commercial crop production more connected and efficient, Heliospectra’s line of products includes holistic and flexible lighting technologies that substantially improve crop yield and quality.
Winner of multiple international awards and recognitions, Heliospectra has raised more than $32 million to date and has commercial crop production installations across 6 continents.