Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- Australia: NSW melon farm speaks out on listeria outbreak
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Crop advisor - Canada
HotHouse Consulting is looking to add a Crop advisor to our growing Team.
About HotHouse Consulting:
We are a greenhouse crop Consulting Company, founded in 2004, the company is headed by Laust Dam and with office located in Leamington, Ontario. We are advising greenhouse vegetable companies, for present we have contracts with 49 greenhouses with over 1600 acres greenhouse grow area in Canada, Mexico, Texas, Costa Rica, Jamaica, Puerto Rico and the United States of America.
Specialist in Greenhouse tomatoes, sweet peppers, cucumbers, Eggplant, lettuce, Organics and Legal licensed medical marihuana producers.
Climate and greenhouse experience range from low-tech plastic to high-tech semi closed glass greenhouses
For each client, services provided reviewing all aspects of growing, including labor, general cultural techniques, climate control, plant disease control and biological control. Plant nutrition as well as proper irrigation is evaluated and advice provided to improve the Owners overall business.
The Consultant will provide service and advice the greenhouse Growers from beginning to end of their crops, reviewing all aspects of growing, including labor management, general cultural techniques, climate control, plant disease control and biological control. Plant nutrition as well as evaluation of proper irrigation strategies. Ensure all safety policies (worker safety, food safety, etc.) are complied with and that strict crop hygiene practices are followed and enforced.
HotHouse Consulting Inc. is looking for a motivated and experienced individuals to join our growing team..
Must have minimum 8-10 years experience of growing greenhouse vegetable crops in climate controlled greenhouses.
Must have excellent leadership abilities and strong experience training managers and personal.
Experience in an organization with strong planning, organizing, directing and coordinating activities of workers engaged in propagating, cultivating, harvesting and packing produce.
Must have experience identifying the health of plants and diagnosing of problems (diseases, pests, and others).
Must have strong written and oral communication skills. Speak and write English.
Excellent interpersonal skills and experience building high performing teams.
Must be able to budget and forecast crop expenses and yields
Must have strong computer skills in Excel, Word and capable of running greenhouse computerized climate software.
Must be able to work independently as a team member.
Excellent organizational skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and management.
Loyalty, Independent, initiative, stress resistant and result driven.
Highly motivated and good ability to prioritize duties and apply excellent time management skills.
Willing to settle in Canada
Travel on a frequent base.
Bachelors degree in Ag business, Ag science, or plant related field. Preferable a degree in horticulture
Minimum of 8-10 years of greenhouse growing experience
For consideration as a candidate or to suggest a prospective candidate, please contact in Confidence: Laust Dam at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applicants considered for interviews will be contacted