Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL SWEET POTATO MARKET
- California's heavy rain highlights benefits of hydroponic strawberries
- Corona branded limes to be available in the Beer & Liquor aisle
- Spanish company growing by 50% per year in the subtropical sector
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL AVOCADO MARKET
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- California grape grower-shipper publishes first Corporate Social Responsibly Report
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
Exchange ratesmore »
Grower Manager Ė Climate & Nutrition
Salary:£Competitive package (depending on experience)
Our client is a FTSE listed major food business that has diversified extensively over recent years. This particular business unit located in north Cambridgeshire is testament to that. A very high-tech Horticultural unit producing non-food crops for specialist industry.
Due to a recent developments, there is now a vacancy for a growing manager focusing specifically on climate and nutrition.
To work closely with the Glasshouse Manager to ensure optimal growth conditions are maintained throughout the growing season using the available resources to deliver yields at the highest level and quality. To be fully accountable for all nutrition & climate set points including venting, CO2 and energy saving systems and operational instructions for maximising yield and quality whilst ensuring the Company SHE standards are maintained. To build effective relationships with the Customerís in house growing team striving for continual improvement of yield.
- Knowledge of modern growing systems.
- 5yrs hands on experience of growing horticultural crops intensively on a commercial scale.
- Experience and knowledge of effectively controlling common pest and diseases of horticultural crops without hard chemicals.
- Minimum of 2yr hands on experience of environmental control software applications.
- Strong leadership and communication with clear instructions and goals.
- Teamwork and relationship skills.
- PA1 + PA6 Safe Use of Pesticides.
- Formal Horticultural qualifications.
For a discrete chat about this opportunity, please give Ian Reed a call on +44 1284 715055