Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
JOB OFFER – GROWER (Cucumbers)
Location – Peats Ridge, NSW, Australia
FAMILY FRESH FARMS (FFF) is a privately owned, recently completed, world class, 2 x 2.5HA glasshouse operation. (see YouTube – Family Fresh Farms – Peats Ridge) FFF is focused on year-round, locally grown produce, currently Lebanese cucumbers.
Job Objective: Full responsibility to the General Manager – Operations, a very experienced glasshouse grower/manager recently arrived from Holland, for the successful growing of Lebanese cucumbers.
- Focussed observation of crop, equipment, staff, plant growth patterns, plant temperatures, and stress.
- Ensure that the proper settings are implemented with the PRIVA / Brinkman systems for optimal outcome.
- Maximise Yield
- Monitor all spraying and fogging activity.
- Monitor all biological control programs in conjunction with outside consultant.
- Ensure that the entire greenhouse is scouted every week for diseased plants.
- Monitor and address any action with respect to pest pressure in the greenhouse.
- Examine the weekly report for disease and pests.
- Monitor fertiliser blends and tank levels. Ensure that the monitoring of the drain, dripper measurements, pathway bottles, back washing of the sand filters, cleaning of the disc filters and pressure of the irrigation system is undertaken.
- Fertiliser concentrations
- Makes sure that microelements for fertiliser mixes are made on time and according to the mix provided.
- Ensure proper functioning of irrigation units: Backwash, filters in the units, filters in the greenhouse - Brinkman equipment.
- Fresh water, drained water and sterilised water.
- Ensure proper working and calibration of PH and EC meters, over-drain stations, grow scales and pathway bottles.
- Make the changes for the fertiliser blends in accordance with the GM Operations
- Monitor fertiliser usage from the previous week in the computer.
- Keep inventory control of all fertiliser and chemicals used in irrigation, manage consumptions and make adjustments.
- Sampling of fertilisation to be done on a consistent base.
- Monitor and evaluate quality standards for crop work.
- Monitor “specialty jobs” such as planting, pest and disease work and maintenance problems that could adversely impact yield.
- Be able to quickly relate to a semi-skilled workforce – FFF utilises Vanuatu Nationals under the Seasonal Pacific Islander Workers Visa program.
- Cooperate and assist the other Grower in the areas of climate, irrigation, growing techniques, production trials, labour savings techniques and in any areas where assistance is required and as requested by the other grower, maintenance or management.
- Maintain and adhere to all worksite safety, food safety, hygiene protocols and compliance standards.
- Partner with Compliance team to ensure all supervisors and employees are trained and adhere to all worksite safety, food safety, hygiene protocols and compliance standards.
- Formal qualifications will be considered, but are not mandatory.
- Some experience in protected cropping / glasshouses.
- High attention to detail in all work, strong project management skills and ability to coordinate several priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to multi task and work with frequent interruptions.
- An understanding of how to prioritize in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Flexible and demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Strong work ethic and demonstrable accountability and adaptability.
- Reliable member of the team.
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Experience of greenhouse computer systems an asset (PRIVA)
- Strong organisational skills, to monitor and track numerous activities throughout the year.
- MOST important is a strong desire to learn! The GM Operations has 30+ years’ experience.
- The majority of time the employee will be working in the greenhouse which has high levels of temperature and humidity, especially in summer months.
- Will be required to work with chemicals (protective equipment will be provided).
- Must be available to work extended, irregular hours, holidays and weekends.
- Ability to make changes as needed without notice.
- Ability to lift 25kgs
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org