Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Agriterra China is looking for:
(Based in Chongqing, China)
Who we are/What we do
Agriterra is a non-for-profit agri-agency that was founded in 1997 by the Dutch agricultural sector. The mission of Agriterra is to strengthen farmersí organisations and cooperatives in emerging economies, as we believe that agriculture is the key to reducing poverty in poor rural areas.
We cooperate with farmersí organisations and cooperatives, professionalising their functioning and service provision to their members, where the members want to increase their productivity and income, their position in the markets, access to finance and to add value to their products. We also link them to (Dutch) agri-businesses.
Agriterra operates globally and is headquartered in Arnhem, The Netherlands and has branch offices in China, Indonesia, Nepal, Vietnam, Myanmar, the Philippines, Peru, Bolivia, Nicaragua, Ethiopia, Kenya, Zambia, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Our energetic team is consisting of over 100 motivated professionals who combine scientific thinking with a practical approach.
Agriterra have been active in South-Western China since 2009. Currently we are working closely with cooperatives and federations in Yunnan, Sichuan and Chongqing by a holistic approach combining peer-to-peer advice, training and exchange visits. Business development, governance and financial management of those organisations are the three fundamentals we are working on. To better support our clients, we are looking for highly qualified candidates for the post of Business Advisor.
What you will do
You will work in small teams with colleagues and clients to assist cooperatives in becoming strong and competitive farmer-led companies. You will be a knowledge broker that helps to develop relationships and networks with relevant stakeholders such as governments and development organisations and to facilitate smooth knowledge transformation and implementation processes with our clients. Detailed activities include:
- To identify opportunities for growth for clients. To expose yourself in complex client interaction and move client to action.
- To facilitate and accompany peer-to-peer advisory assignments conducted by experts stemming from the Dutch agribusiness in support to farmersí organisations and cooperatives in China and abroad.
- To monitor developments and progress of Agriterra clients based among others on jointly established yearly targets and key performance indicators written down in yearly action plans.
- To give follow-up and advise to clients on at least three of the following topics:
- Governance and internal management
- Financial management
- General proper recording (membership, volumes produce, minutes, etc)
- Communication and reporting
- Extension services
- Marketing and input provision
- Business practices
- Value chain development
- To conduct scoping and company assessments of potential clients.
- To keep updated Agriterra information systems on clients and contribute to knowledge management of Agriterra:
- each client: action plans, missions, field visits, communication
- potential loan providers
- legal and tax framework
- potential local experts/consultants
What we expect:
- Result-driven agribusiness advice featuring tailor-made financial, business and governance support that fulfils Agriterra specific aims while at the same time meeting the demand of the clients.
- Advice on improvement of the clientsí (agricultural cooperatives/ federations) internal organisation, position on the market and growth ambition.
- Increase number of agricultural cooperatives and federations in Agriterra portfolio having a potential healthy agri-business, having access to loan capital and/or financial services and/or having a sustainable and effective service provision system to members.
- Client satisfaction, as well as satisfied parties in the business sector, investors, financial institutions, chain partners, governmental institutions and all departments of Agriterra, including AgriPool.
- Formal education in MBA, Finance, Agricultural Economics or related studies
- Expertise in financial, governance and business management
- Fluent in Chinese and English
- Experience in advising and training people, achieving lasting results
- Strong business mindset in combination with drive for social impact
- Good understanding of farmer-led enterprises, farmer cooperatives and federations of farmer cooperatives
- Affinity with agriculture, farmerís cooperatives and smallholder farmersí economic development.
- Flexible (no 9-5 mentality), able and willing to frequent travel and stay in rural places (up to 50%)
- Diplomatic skills to develop partnership with governmental and business entities
- Demonstrable experience in client-friendly and result-oriented service provision
- Ability to identify opportunities for growth and subsequently take a leadership in exploring new ideas.
- Respectful and patient attitude, pro-active, convincing and target-driven
- Self-geared (able and willing to work independently)
- Generalist: eager to learn other topics and expand skills
What we offer
You will be working in a flat organisation with short reporting lines and a self-steering team consists of motivated professionals from different cultures. You will be working under the direct supervision of the Manager Agri-advice. You will receive frequent high quality trainings from internal and external organisations. dditionally, you'll receive guidance and support from regional Asia team or practice in the selection of client projects in China and abroad, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
Depending on qualification and experience of the selected candidate, we provide market-conform salary and benefit package.
Desired start date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the profile? Apply before 23 June 2017, with a cover letter and curriculum vitae, by sending a mail to email@example.com, for the attention of C.C. van Rij, MBA, Manager Agri-advice. If you require further information, kindly contact Mr. Chen Lei, business advisor for China at firstname.lastname@example.org or +86 187-2313-7045.
For more information about Agriterra, please visit our website: www.agriterra.org