Job offersmore »
- Business Advisor - China
- Nursery Manager (Container Plants) - Australia
- Nursery Operations Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - Finland
- Electrical Engineer
- Service Engineer
- Farm Manager - Australia
- Greenhouse Manager / Head Grower, Bermuda
- Agronomist consultant - Europe/USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Strong marketing experienced and entrepreneurial
Established in Kenya – Nairobi in 1989, the company is currently Kenya’s largest vegetable processor. They produce all year round, conform to internationally recognised food and safety standards; assuring customers of quality, traceability, reliability and service.
Today, they are a recognized global leader of choice for the supply of premium hand arranged processed green bean products amongst other horticultural produce.
Due to their versatility, they are able to offer tailored made vegetable products to meet all their customer specifications.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (EA) and the Board of Directors the General Manager is responsible for providing strategic direction and overseeing the overall operations of the company with particular focus on managing the farmers schemes for company’s raw materials, and processing of produce all through to the sales of the product and ensure customer requirements on both quality and order quantity are met.
- Develop and implement three-year strategy that demonstrates financial growth for the company and is aligned to the overall growth projections of IPS food sector.
- Develop and implement budgets to support the strategic plan.
- Develop and implement plan to increase scheme farmers with the aim of impacting a critical mass.
- Provide to the Board and Executive Management timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends of the company.
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction to the FKL leadership team, and ensure the continued coaching and development for a professional and efficient organization.
- Manage manufacturing facility and ensure that production is timely cost effective and meets customer requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements.
- Achieve optimum labor and minimum overhead and raw material costs.
- Develop, monitor, and report on operating costs within the factory.
- Ensures compliance of with all quality and manufacturing standards as prescribed by the customer.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities for FKL.
- Identify and plan ways to grow FKL product portfolio in line with assigned
- Increase market share of FKL products within the markets products are sold.
- Develop and establish partnerships and new markets to drive sales volumes.
- Engage in customer development which entails having a deep understanding of
- each customer and exceeding their expectation.
- Develop and implement customer service metrics.
- Ensure continuous improvement on products and roll out new products.
- Work with the Board and facilitate its optimum performance on long-range
- strategic issues.
- Ensure Agro programme impacts a critical mass of small scale farmers.
Competence for this role
- Bachelor’s in any discipline. Degree in Agriculture will be an added advantage.
- MBA, with at least 10 years of senior management experience.
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling performance, outcomes, and staff;
- ability to and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the
- next stage of growth.
- Experience of 5 years in a senior managerial position in a food
- processing/manufacturing company.
- Knowledge in Finance.
Competencies required for this Role
- Strong marketing experience with the ability to engage a wide range of
- stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and
- passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and selfdirected.
For the right marketing experienced entrepreneurial General Manager this is a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to this fast growing and successful enterprise. For at least 3 years you’ll work and live as an expat in Kenya, Nairobi. The primary and secondary working conditions are perfect.
Could this be the next step in your career? Respond right away or contact us immediately for more information. Of course it is and remains confidential.
Mob: +31 6 10782861