Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Farm Manager - Canada
There is a revolution occurring in how clean, fresh, and local greens and herbs are being produced across the globe. Vertical farming is becoming a big player in growing these products and GoodLeaf Farms is setting the bar high. Founded in 2015 in Nova Scotia, GoodLeaf Farms, a subsidiary of TruLeaf Sustainable Agriculture Ltd., uses innovative vertical farming technology to produce ultra-fresh leafy greens all year long, in a clean and safe environment. Our mission is to grow delicious leafy greens, hand-pack them at their peak freshness, and get them on our customers’ plates within hours of harvesting. By producing our greens inside, we eliminate the need for pesticides, herbicides, insecticides and fungicides.
GoodLeaf is currently seeking a Farm Manager to assist in the overall management of the operations, facility, and profit of our new one-of-a-kind indoor vertical farming facility in Guelph, Ontario. Reporting to the General Manager and Chief Product Officer, the successful candidate will have the exciting opportunity to be one of first people on the ground at the new facility. They will be involved in everything from initial design and building of the facility, crop planning and harvesting scheduling to ensuring production targets are achieved, establishing the highest degree of operations excellence, product quality and food safety.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Overall Operations of the farm including:
- Working with General Manager to plan budgets and forecast revenue
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule activities of farming technicians
- Project management activities including asset allocation, resource scheduling, documentation, budgeting, metrics and other factors necessary for success
- Ensure all Standard Operation Procedures and Standard Sanitization Operating Procedures are followed in regards to farm operations
- Active and ongoing engagement with:
- Human Resources to manage all human resource needs of employees
- Horticulturist on decisions involving crop inputs, chamber requirements, etc.
- Quality Assurance Team, including participation in assessment, verification and validation activities required for our quality and food safety management systems
- Facilities Manager to ensure that equipment and facilities are maintained and in good working order with required redundancy to mitigate production risks
- Demonstrating leadership by promoting a healthy, safe working environment and fostering a world class culture of inclusion and excellence
- University Degree in Science or Business
- Previous experience in food production, manufacturing, processing and/or distribution
- Familiarity with third party food safety management and audit process
- Familiarity with indoor growing environments (i.e. atmosphere controls, lighting systems, water and nutrient controls)
- Previous experience in multi-tiered, LED-based indoor growing environments would be considered an asset
- Experience and knowledge of hydroponic, aeroponic production systems would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
For more information, please visit our website at www.goodleaffarms.com.
GoodLeaf is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.