Job offersmore »
- Junior Buyer / Seller - Spain
- Product Manager - Netherlands
- Technical Support Specialist - USA
- Manager Product Development - UK
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
- Crop advisor - Canada
- Horticultural and Hydroponic Sales Specialist - Western Canada
- Greenhouse Manager Tomato and Strawberry - Azerbaijan
- Algemeen Directeur
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Maintenance Manager - Ontario Plants
Permanent, Full Time
Salary to be negotiated
At Ontario Plants Propagation Limited, our vision is to be Eastern North America’s premier supplier of greenhouse vegetable transplants. We are a growing organization located very close to London Ontario. In order to help us accomplish our goals, we need to hire motivated passionate people. With that in mind we are looking for a Maintenance Manager whose primary duties will include responsibility for managing a team of maintenance technicians to perform all building, machinery and property maintenance. This individual will coordinate the day to day operation of the maintenance department and is responsible for ensuring the performance of highly diversified maintenance duties within a greenhouse environment. These duties will include but are not limited to maintenance of boiler systems, production lines, and facility equipment.
- Manage and schedule a team of Maintenance Technicians.
- Manage an on call schedule to ensure 24/7 support of greenhouse operations.
- Assign tasks to maintenance technicians based on skills and expertise.
- Ensure tracking of all maintenance activities
- Ensure the proper diagnosis and repair of plant equipment and machinery including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and plumbing
- Ensure the performance of regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facility facilities in accordance with an established schedule.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and the maintenance of clean and orderly work areas.
- Involvement in all aspects of building maintenance requirements for all new construction, renovations or updates to current systems.
- Maintain adequate supplies and equipment for the maintenance department.
- Maintain external relationships with service contractors and suppliers.
- Coordinate and monitor contractor activities for projects.
- Send requests for quotes as required.
- Assist in the orientation and training of staff.
- Complete all necessary reports and records related to the department as required.
- Develop policies, procedures and safe work practices for the department
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- A degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance required
- Completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and Maintenance Coordination experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role in maintenance or operations.
- Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email
- Ability to be flexible in working hours, including the ability work weekends, holidays and be on call.
- Greenhouse environment in rural area
- Will be required to work Saturday’s, Sunday’s & holidays as needed
- Able to work long hours during peak production times
Fax: 519 637 2449
Subject title: Maintenance Manager
**Only those meeting the requirements will be considered. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations throughout this process, please contact Human Resources via the methods above or at 519-637-2119.