Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
This position is the chance to assume a senior position within a dynamic global company, taking on significant responsibility in managing a large scale and high-tech tomato glasshouse.
Our client is a world class operator of modern greenhouses that produces a range of fresh products including tomatoes. The role offered provides an excellent opportunity for a driven and intelligent grower to progress their career and develop professionally. We are seeking a very well qualified individual, with a demonstrable track record of success (10 years+ experience ) in greenhouse tomato production, to join this prestigious operation in Australia.
The client would also be able to consider candidates with less experience for a Junior Grower role also open.
The Senior Grower will report to the General Manager and have overall responsibility for a specific greenhouse area. More specifically this includes management and responsibility of: quality standards/ controls, yield targets and forecasting, costs/ budgets, people management, food safety, worker health and safety, IPM, and other critical success factors to meet facility and company performance targets.
- Overall management of tomato production at the facility
- Meeting and setting budgets, production forecasting, and ensuring the product is picked and packed to customer specifications
- Developing, managing, and mentoring the agronomy team to ensure the tomato production cycle is in line with forecasts and industry best practices are met/ implemented at all times
- Timely and pre-emptive management of factors which can detrimentally impact yield and quality
- Maintenance of accurate records, tracking tools, and dashboards
- Planning, implementing, and reporting growing and management strategies through to the operations team, General Manager, and others within the business
- Ensuring that the company maintains and builds on its market leading position including keeping abreast of industry trends, innovations, and growing strategies
Qualifications & Experience
- Ideally a Bachelor, or Master’s degree in a horti- / agricultural related discipline
- A minimum of 10+ years as a (head/senior) tomato grower in a mid to large green-/glasshouse production facility (i.e., greater than 15 ha)
- First class knowledge of tomato crop husbandry under glass (hydroponic production) including pests, diseases, viruses, crop protection, fertilization, etc.
- Demonstrable track record achieving high tomato yields (i.e. on a kg/ m2 basis)
- Significant experience managing a large labour force and other professionals (within agronomy, operations, maintenance, etc.)
- Tomato production experience in hot climatic conditions
- Spoken and written professional fluency in English
- Suitable IT knowledge including: climate control systems and Microsoft Windows applications (minimally Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ideally a background and understanding of reporting to a corporate management team or board
- A professionally passionate, and energetic individual that will take a strategic and long-term view while sharing the companies vision for success
- High levels of company and personal achievement.
- Results focused individual that favours a rigorous and data driven approach to achieving production, earnings, and other key performance targets
- Significant attention to detail, and drive for excellence, with a heightened sense of urgency to quickly solve issues and proactively manage the all responsibilities within the purview of the role
- A high level of honesty and integrity is a must
- Hands-on, high energy, stress resistant and result oriented team player.
- Competitive and comprehensive salary package including private health insurance and company retirement contributions
- Bonus scheme based on company and individual targets
- A company vehicle
- Relocation allowance
- The preferred starting date of the new candidate is as soon as possible
Lutgo Recruitment in the Netherlands is the representative of this client for the recruitment, assessment and selection of candidates for this position.
Please send your CV/Resume to using this link http://www.lutgo.nl/vacatures/O170001/senior-grower-tomatoes-australia. Do you need more information, pls contact Jan Meijer tel. +31 (0)6 2245 8832 or Arja van Meekeren tel. +31 (0)6 2765 8486.