Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Village Farms International, Inc. is looking for a Distribution Center Manager.
The Distribution Manager Leads and Manages the Operations and Day-to-Day Execution to support core Warehousing Activities; operational efficiency, order fulfillment, distribution, shipping/receiving, transportation, and inventory management necessary to meet organizational, service and cost reduction objectives. Ultimately the DC Manager is directly responsible for personel safety and safeguarding of all Village Farms products stored in the FT Worth DC. The Manager will maintian accurate inventory levels to minimize loss and maximize revenue.
The Manager will also be responsible for the productivity and quality control out-put of the prodcution rework line and all orders that are picked; packed; inspected; ensuring that the orders are shipped on-time in a manner that exceeds customer expectations and specifications.
Average Percent of Time
- 10% Maintain inventory accuracy and correct inventory levels; communicate with sales as required.
- 20% Strong communication with sales and inventory planners / gatekeeper to ensure proper product rotation.
- 60% Direct all operational activities associated with all Inbound/Outbound Operations (Receiving; Pick/ Pack/Inspection/ Shipping) execute daily allocations based on inventory and customer specifications.
- 10% Strong communication with Sales; Transportation and Operations to ensure on time delivery metrics exceed customer expectations.
- Lead, Train and Develop strong, effective working relationships with Sales; Quality; Operations & Transportation.
- Provide a safe working environment in conjunction with VF policy while exceeding local or state requirements.
- Strong cognitive skills, including root-cause analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Ensures proper training and certifications are complete
- Manage budgeted labor projections via short term forecast; assign and allocate labor as required, flex DC Staffing as situations dictate.
- Meet and exceed all set targeted objectives and performance measurements.
- Execute all SOPs, GAP, CTPAT and VF policies to Standard.
- Exceed industry Ranking & Scores on all Food Grade Performance audits.
- Always striving for continuous improvements.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Perform Quality Control (QC/QA) inspections to ensure that product meets Village Farms’ Quality Standards.
- Assist VP of Distribution with the development of short/long term business Objectives & Departmental Goals.
- Present recommendations for continuous improvement in the utilization of resources;Safety & Process Improvements
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Village Farms International, Inc. from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Frequent weekend work required and evenings.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The Company will provide the required PPE. Employees will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly to your Supervisor.
Please send resumes to email@example.com
Positions reports to the VP of Distribution:
- Other Cross-Functional Departments will require Team-Building & Coordination:
- Quality Control Coordinator
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and decision-making.
- Must possess good computer skills
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Previous experience (5 - 7 years) in the Produce Industry Required
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Forklift Operator Certification preferred
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Village Farms International, Inc. rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of our facilities. Employees who violate Company rules and regulations will be subjected to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.