Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Come join our team! We are located in a cozy lake front community with proximity to major city centres, in Dunnville, Ontario, Canada. Rosa Flora Limited is a family-owned grower of premium cut flowers including Large and Mini Gerbera, Snapdragons, and Lisianthus. Since 1978, we have been “Taking Pride in Every Petal” with over 1.5 million square feet of year round indoor production area.
As part of a team reporting to the head grower, you will be responsible for propagating lisianthus and supervising the people who work in that area. You will:
- Seed lisianthus using seeding machine
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who cultivate and harvest flowers.
- Monitor the crops to ensure quality growth & harvesting of cut flowers
- Monitor and control pests, using IPM biologicals, and pesticides
- Monitor water and pH & EC levels, ventilation, CO2, lighting and other environmental conditions
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other departments
- Resolve work-related issues, prepare and submit reports to grower
- Train workers in job duties and company policies
- Perform the same duties as workers supervised
- 1-2 years experience, preferably in cut flowers
- Highschool completion. Any other relevant education an asset.
- Any experience with Argus or Priva systems an asset
- Licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides.
- Physically capable of regular greenhouse activities – including standing, walking, lifting, bending, and withstanding periods of high heat and humidity
- Effective verbal and written communication in English; Spanish language skills an asset
- Ability to take leadership role and display personal initiative
- Attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- 50 hours average per week, with some seasonal flexibility.
- Rotating weekend and holiday responsibilities
- Benefits include health care spending account as well as life and long term disability and RRSP savings.