Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist Horticulture - Netherlands / Poland / Ukraine / Finland
- Global Director City Farming - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist City Farms - Netherlands
- Quality Manager - Spain
- Spanish Speaking Operations/Warehouse Manager
- Account Manager Australia & New Zealand
- General Manager – Vegetables and Herbs production
- Managing Director Vietnam
- Quality Control Manager - Australia
- Managing Director - Kent Based
Top 5 - yesterday
- Strengthening consumer focus through technical expertise and strong grower base
- Australian apple exports to SE Asia and UK to increase
- AU:One of Northern Territory's biggest mango farms up for sale
- Ruby Fresh expands Peruvian pomegranate production to extend availability
- Plenty of opportunities in UK market for food and horticultural sector
Top 5 - last week
- Spain: Scientific discovery that could prevent the spread of plant viruses
- Spain: Citrus sector pressuring European Commission about Black Spot threat
- British banana price war has repercussions in Latin America
- Total Produce invests to create more added value
- "Trend is definitely towards glasshouse tomato growing in Australia"
Top 5 - last month
- Record year at Fruit Logistica
- Organic farming 'boosts biodiversity and bees'
- NZ: "20-40% increase in Gold production is a real sign that we are coming out of the crisis.”
- "Patents on breakthrough innovations in seeds are the soul of sustainability"
- Driscoll’s takes berry experience to the next level
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Greenhouse Vegetables
Red peppers to be grown this year
BC Hot House Foods adds a new 11 acre greenhouse
BC Hot House Foods (BCHH) is pleased to announce a new 11 acre greenhouse facility has been added to its portfolio. Armand Vandermeulen of Green Valley Family Farms has built Bakerview Greenhouses in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada. This state of the art greenhouse will grow red peppers for the 2013.....
Switzerland: Vegetables and fish fresh from the roof
In almost all towns of the world the so-called 'Urban farms' are becoming more important, as published by the Swiss website swissinfo.ch. Also in Switzerland they have prospects, as shown during a visit to pioneer company UF001 LokDepot in Basle. The company is established on the roof of a marshalling.....
OriginO expansion builds Oppy organic pepper program
Origin Organic Farms is adding a welcome splash of color to The Oppenheimer Group’s sweet B.C. bell pepper menu, and greater volume to accommodate market demand.Building on last year’s trial season, the Delta-based grower has expanded four-fold, and added yellow and orange peppers to the mix. Oppy will begin.....
NatureSweet targets health-conscious consumers with SunBursts
In marketing their SunBursts cherry tomatoes, NatureSweet knows exactly who the product appeals to. They want to reach consumers who are in charge of their family's purchases and who prefer healthy products. With a sweet taste that appeals to children and healthy qualities that appeal to parents, NatureSweet.....
AMCO Produce aims for large market with new product
One of the hottest trends in the produce industry is packaging fruit and vegetables in convenient containers to make them more accessible. Most of these containers urge consumers to snack on fresh produce in the hopes that the product will appeal to children and their parents. On first look, AMCO’s new.....
Germany: Reichenau growers make up balance sheet after pepper harvest
3.1 million kg of peppers is the harvest estimate of the five growers on the German isle of Reichenau, who joined forces in 2012, as announced by the local newspaper 'Südkurier'. "These arethe quantities we wanted to reach. We planned for three million kilograms," Matthias Keller, one of the horticulturists,.....
Les Paysans de Rougeline touts its co-op roots
Formed by a group of cooperatives, Les Paysans de Rougeline grows and markets their own vegetables in the South of France. Though they grow a variety of products in their greenhouse facilities, their tomatoes are the product for which they are best known.“We are 160 producers growing on 280 acres of.....
Greenhouse operator expands production of year-round produce by opening above Gowanus store
US: Whole Foods Market to build commercial rooftop greenhouse above Brooklyn store
Today Whole Foods Market has announced Gotham Greens as its operating partner of the nation’s first commercial scale greenhouse farm integrated within a retail grocery space. The 20,000-square-foot greenhouse, currently being constructed on the roof of the forthcoming Whole Foods Market store in Gowanus,.....
Seedless mini cucumbers growing in popularity
As one of the largest growers in North America of seedless mini cucumbers, Topline Produce is leading the way in a new trend among produce suppliers. The miniature cucumbers are attractive to consumers as a snack product, and their popularity is on the rise.Topline grows their mini cucumbers in over 35 acres.....
Canada: Ontario greenhouse growers launch local buy program
Ontario greenhouse growers have launched their most ambitious marketing program ever in an effort to boost sales and convince people to buy local.The Naturally Fresh Inside campaign consists of aggressive marketing, in-store sampling and a social media blitz paid for by the Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable.....
Canada: Ontario greenhouse vegetables now available
The Ontario Greenhouse Vegetable Growers (OGVG) is launching a spring promotion that features Ontario greenhouse tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers in stores.This year, OGVG has developed an Ontario “spring launch” promotion to highlight product availability, freshness and quality. This is possible with the.....
CA (BC): Greenhouse vegetables pick up
As the weather warms up in British Columbia, greenhouse growers are starting to pick up the volume on vegetables. Though it's still early in the season to predict how the rest of the year will shape up, things appear to be on track for a normal season.“Volumes are low, but customarily low because.....
France: Four combinations in shakers
A new cherry tomato cocktail shaker has been introduced by Prince de Bretagne. The 250 gram shaker offers a mix of tasty cherry tomatoes from the range: red Cœur de Pigeon, orange Cœur de Pigeon (a new variety), yellow and red cherries. The company is happy to introduce the shaker, as it matches new.....
US: NatureSweet's acquisition of EuroFresh approved
“We are pleased to announce the United States Bankruptcy Court in Arizona approved the sale of substantially all of the assets of EuroFresh Farms to NatureSweet’s subsidiary, Zona Acquisition Company, LLC.," said Bryant Ambelang, CEO of NatureSweet. "This was concluded though an asset auction process known.....