Job offersmore »
- Ein- und Verkäufer - Germany
- Banana Production Specialist / Agricultural Consultants Bananas -
- Senior Grower - United Kingdom
- Export Manager - Roermond, The Netherlands
- Production manager Pepper (FT) - Israel or the Netherlands
- Associate Breeder Cucumber (FT) - Haelen, the Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Manager - Australia
- Grower Manager - Australia
- Technical and Business Development Manager - Australia
- Fresh Produce Trader/Account Manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Carrefour grows in Italy for first time in five years
- Joint initiative for Global Food Security through good agricultural practices
- Convenience singles out the most popular fruit and vegetables in UK
- Michelle Obama vows to quit 'French fries'
- Affordable cold chain solutions to protect valuable assets
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Exotic Fruit & Vegetables
Taiwan: “Devil is in the detail” in postharvest treatment
Edward Jih, chief engineer of Agrifresh, Taiwan, says that when dealing with exotic fruits a SOP (Standard Operation Protocol) serving as guidance for daily operation is essential to successful postharvest quality preservation. "It begins in the field and must continue through the entire supply chain. It is.....
Lisan van Koppen, 4 Fruit Company:
"First there was a shortage of big sizes of persimmons now there aren't enough packaged available"
The persimmon season will go on for another couple of weeks at 4 Fruit Company. "The persimmons are at their best at the moment," says Lisan van Koppen. "At the beginning of the season there were few large sizes available, but due to the rain of the past few weeks there is now a shortage of packaged.....
Colombia: First Global Gap-certified mangosteen producer
Agropiscícola Carolina Caro y Cía., a leader in mangosteen production in Colombia with its brand Natturale, has become the first firm in the sector to obtain a Global Gap certification for its crops.Colombia is a relevant mangosteen producer in South America; its harvest takes place between December and.....
Colombia conquers foreign markets with exotic fruits
The main destinations for the marketing of Colombian exotic fruit are Europe, Asia and North America as well as Latin America. According to information from Trademap, with Proexport estimates, Colombia had a share of 45.8% of the total exported by the region in 2011, reaching USD 95.3 million. Cape.....
Brazil: Domestic market influences grower's prices
Absolute Finest Produce, based in the state of Minas Gerias in Brazil, was established in 2010 by Roberta Moretti. The aim of the company is to help growers with the marketing and technical aspects of the fruit business and also export the fruit worldwide.The main products supplied by Absolute Finest Produce.....
Fabula take the Russian market by storm
Having completed their first order in 2006, Fabula has rapidly become one of the leading fruit and vegetable traders in the North-West of Russia, competing with top local and international suppliers.The Russian market is very diverse - from sophisticated exclusiveness to old-style mind-set approaches. "We.....