Job offersmore »
- Divisional Sales Manager - North-East United States
- Greenhouse Sales Manager Canada
- Horticulture Sales Specialist - U.S. & Canada
- Horticultural Lighting Technical Sales Representative – Central & Eastern US
- Head Grower Lettuce - Coaldale, Canada (AB)
- Sales Account Manager, Horticulture - United States
- Stellvertretender Betriebsleiter - Switzerland
- Sales Representatives - Europe/North Africa/Asia/United States of America
- Grower specialist lettuce and other leafy vegetables, Canada
- Head Grower, Co-Founder - Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- Hundreds of thousands of kilograms of top fruit ready for destruction
- “Brazil the only country supplying mangoes to Europe all year round”
- Costa Rica finds its niche as Brazil tries to extend its season
- “It is almost impossible to market a new apple variety”
- Fresh Summit sets East Coast attendee record
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Global Focus — Citrus
Pakistan hopes to increase Kinnow exports
Exports of Pakistani mandarin may reach the figure of $100 million around in 2012-13. Exports will start from December 1st 2012 and continue till the end of March 2013. According to Ahmad Jawad, CEO of Harvest Tradings, heavy rains should help increase Kinnow exports for the 2012-13 season compared to last.....
Pakistan kinnow export to start 1st December
The Pakistan Government has fixed the date to export the kinnow for 1st Dec 2012. Pakistan is the sixth largest producer of kinnow (mandarin) and oranges in the world, with production of 2.1 million tons.According to an estimate approx. 95 percent of the total Kinnow produced all over the world is grown in.....
US (FL): Early start, smaller sizes for tangerines
The tangerine harvest got underway a little early this year, and with a heavier crop than usual, sizes have been smaller than in normal years. But despite the smaller sizes, quality of fruit has not been affected and coloring has been good.“We're running smaller sizes than we did last year,” said Sam Jones,.....
"Responsibility with the quality of products shipped is essential"
Spain (Murcia): Clemenules campaign with slightly better prices
The Clemenules clementine campaign started recently in Murcia, and unlike in Valencia and Castelllon, it happened without delays."It is true that the Clemenules suffered delays this year, especially in the area of Valencia and Castellon. Here in Murcia everything runs within schedule," affirms Marcel de.....
Extends U.S. season by one month
South African citrus grower preparing for year-round harvest
One of the largest growers of South African Summer Citrus is preparing to extend South Africa’s export season to the United States. A.L.G. Estates, (www.algestates.com ) based in Citrusdal on South Africa’s Western Cape region has acquired a citrus farm in higher, more mountainous regions that produces.....
MMUK celebrates start of Spanish citrus season
MMUK (Munoz), a leading citrus specialist in the UK is celebrating the start of the Spanish Citrus season with Tesco.“We are delighted to be welcoming in the Spanish citrus season to Tesco stores nationwide. Over the coming weeks we will be showcasing the verybest Spain has to offer," says Tesco citrus.....
Marijn van der Sloot, De Groot International:
Europe: "Less Chinese pomelos due to larger fruits and a good local market"
At the start of the import season for Chinese pomelos, importers of de Groot International indicated they expect there will be 30% less pomelos available for export to Europe this season. This percentage certainly hasn't come down since the season started a few weeks ago. "It looks as if even less pomelos.....