Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: New name for HM Clause subsidiaryHM-CLAUSE’s Turkish subsidiary is changing its name. Formerly known as Su Tarim, it will now be called HMCLAUSE Tohumculuk Tarım Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi. Based in Antalya, this is one of HM-CLAUSE’s newest subsidiaries, a Business Unit formed between Harris Moran (USA) and Clause (France).
This subsidiary, which was set up in 2009 as a joint venture, has been wholly owned by Clause SA since November 2011. Under the management of Vahdet Keles, who has headed the subsidiary since February 2012, it currently comprises 30 people, 11 of whom are involved in research and breeding. Teams at work in the field have a profound knowledge of the local market and are involved in all the regions of Turkey.
Now firmly established in the country, this HM-CLAUSE subsidiary provides growers and professionals in the vegetable chain with a wide range of seeds. The research activities carried out there mainly involve tomato, pepper and cucumber for the Turkish market as well as for export. Among the commercial varieties, the melon Citirex is a respected leader for Galia specialists. This is an early and ideally-sized variety for greenhouse production with very high yield. For tomatoes, the new Jest variety is proving popular for its heat resistance for early autumn production as well as for its uniform fruits. The wide range of cauliflowers available, meanwhile, is one of HM-CLAUSE’s biggest successes in Turkey.
For more information:
Tel.: +33(0)4 75 57 57 57
Publication date: 8/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: