Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Turkey: New name for HM Clause subsidiaryHM-CLAUSE’s Turkish subsidiary is changing its name. Formerly known as Su Tarim, it will now be called HMCLAUSE Tohumculuk Tarım Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi. Based in Antalya, this is one of HM-CLAUSE’s newest subsidiaries, a Business Unit formed between Harris Moran (USA) and Clause (France).
This subsidiary, which was set up in 2009 as a joint venture, has been wholly owned by Clause SA since November 2011. Under the management of Vahdet Keles, who has headed the subsidiary since February 2012, it currently comprises 30 people, 11 of whom are involved in research and breeding. Teams at work in the field have a profound knowledge of the local market and are involved in all the regions of Turkey.
Now firmly established in the country, this HM-CLAUSE subsidiary provides growers and professionals in the vegetable chain with a wide range of seeds. The research activities carried out there mainly involve tomato, pepper and cucumber for the Turkish market as well as for export. Among the commercial varieties, the melon Citirex is a respected leader for Galia specialists. This is an early and ideally-sized variety for greenhouse production with very high yield. For tomatoes, the new Jest variety is proving popular for its heat resistance for early autumn production as well as for its uniform fruits. The wide range of cauliflowers available, meanwhile, is one of HM-CLAUSE’s biggest successes in Turkey.
For more information:
Tel.: +33(0)4 75 57 57 57
Publication date: 8/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: