Job offersmore »
- Farm Manager - Vietnam
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Plant Specialist City Farming - Netherlands
- General Manager, HandPicked Vegetables - US
- Agricultural Research Manager - Italy
- Grower / Consultant Asia
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- General Manager - China
- Agronomist - Armenia
- Grower Manager UK – Climate & Nutrition
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- AU table-grape, apple and cherry exports drop by up to 34%
- Chile exhibited its fruit export offer in London
- TOMRA launches new food sorter user interface to improve work flow
- Maersk Line papaya shipment opens India to new markets
- Matthew Brigotti joins Idaho Potato Commission as Foodservice Promotion Director
Exchange ratesmore »
Mexico: Grapefruit seeks the European and Asian markets
Citrus farmers of Tamaulipas (Mexico) are driving the proposal to place the local grapefruit abroad, said Ricardo Sepulveda Cantu.
The President of the Citrus Growers Union of the Social Sector said the goal is to export at least 25,000 tons of harvested grapefruit in municipalities of Tamaulipas, Güémez, Padilla, Hidalgo and Victoria.
"With the support of some of the government's departments we could open some other type of market, ie for the remainder of the year we intend to reach Asia and Europe," said Sepulveda.
He added that with the sale of grapefruit, producers in the region would get a USD 30 million, resources that would improve the economic conditions of families and improve the equipment they have.
He said the organization is part of the National Farmer Confederation (CNC) and seeks to establish coordination with local employers so that the momentum of the product has a greater impact on the international markets of Asia and Europe.
In that sense, Sepulveda Cantu recalled that Tamaulipas is consolidated nationally as one of the main citrus-exporting states, including grapefruit, orange and lemon.
Publication date: 7/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: