Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines preparing to ship bananas to USDole Philippines is sending its first ever shipment of Cavendish bananas to the USA, the Department of Agriculture has announced.
The company is reportedly ready to ship as soon as the US releases the relevant paper work.
Talks with US banana importers during the 114th Anniversary of the Agriculture Department were a success, said Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala.
"After years of discussion, this is a milestone," Alcala noted. "We’re relieved that the US has finally accepted the phytosanitary report as well as the Important Risk Assessment," he said.
The Philippines first asked the US to consider its banana exports back in 2005. The first shipments are expected to be modest in volume, but to act as harbingers of larger consignments in the future.
Publication date: 6/25/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: