Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Costa Rica: Government accused of ignoring organic pineapple issue
- Organic food consumption continues to increase in Europe
- Russian fruit and vegetable imports partially recovered
- Spain: About 20,000 tonnes of stone fruit damaged by frost in Murcia
- Research into potential of Feijoas to become Australia's next 'superfood'
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Better conditions for the entry of lemons to the U.S.
U.S. Ambassador Jorge Argüello, assured that with the articulation of the national government of the province of Tucumán and lemons producers, "we are creating the political and economic conditions conducive to the re-entry of lemons to the United States."
Also, the ambassador said that they are "following all the necessary steps to achieve opening the American market to Argentine lemons" and to that end, "we have worked closely with all parties involved, both in Argentina and the United States."
Arguello made these declarations at the conclusion of an intensive two-day meeting held in Washington along with a delegation led by the governor of Tucuman, José Alperovich.
Both in California and in the activities held with federal government officials, Arguello conveyed that "the entry of our product to the U.S. market does not damage the interests of American producers." On the contrary, "Our offer is complementary because we produce counter the U.S. season."
The meeting organized by the Embassy of Argentina, included meetings with the Vice President of Agriculture, Edward Avalos, with the Chief agricultural Negotiator in the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR), Isi Siddiqui, and Assistant Secretary for the region of the State Department, Kevin Whitaker.
Source: La mañana de cordoba
Publication date: 6/11/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: