Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Dominican Republic evaluates damage after Hurricane Maria
- Tanimura & Antle launches Artisan Dew Drop cabbage
- India: New packaging technologies for South America
- California company celebrates 10 years of attending PMA’s Fresh Summit
- "We hope the arrival of Spanish lemons will reactivate the market in Europe"
Exchange ratesmore »
Argentina: Better conditions for the entry of lemons to the U.S.
U.S. Ambassador Jorge Argüello, assured that with the articulation of the national government of the province of Tucumán and lemons producers, "we are creating the political and economic conditions conducive to the re-entry of lemons to the United States."
Also, the ambassador said that they are "following all the necessary steps to achieve opening the American market to Argentine lemons" and to that end, "we have worked closely with all parties involved, both in Argentina and the United States."
Arguello made these declarations at the conclusion of an intensive two-day meeting held in Washington along with a delegation led by the governor of Tucuman, José Alperovich.
Both in California and in the activities held with federal government officials, Arguello conveyed that "the entry of our product to the U.S. market does not damage the interests of American producers." On the contrary, "Our offer is complementary because we produce counter the U.S. season."
The meeting organized by the Embassy of Argentina, included meetings with the Vice President of Agriculture, Edward Avalos, with the Chief agricultural Negotiator in the Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR), Isi Siddiqui, and Assistant Secretary for the region of the State Department, Kevin Whitaker.
Source: La mañana de cordoba
Publication date: 6/11/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: