Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Greenhouses involve a great investment, but yield good results"
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Edible ink allows invisible label printing on fruit
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Tomatoes help protect skin from sunTomatoes may provide the best defence against ageing skin and sun damage.
Recent scientific tests suggest that consumption of tomato paste can help protest against sunburn and damage to skin caused by sunburn.
This is due to the presence of lycopene, the natural ingredient that gives tomatoes their colour.
The study focused on people fed processed tomato products. They were seen to have a reduced redness in skin and less DNA damage when exposed to UV light.
The effects on their skins was compared with those who were instead only olive oil.
The researchers found significant 33% improvement in the skin’s ability to protect itself against UV among those eating tomato paste. The researchers calculated the the effects of tomatoes on the skin were equivalent to a suncream factor 1.3.
Skin samples taken from groups before and after trial showed an increase in levels of procollagen, a molecule which gives skin its structure and loss of which leads to skin ageing and lack of elasticity.
Publication date: 6/14/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: