Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- South African navel exports from Eastern Cape possibly 50% down
- North American company selling Spanish cherries to Asian countries
- Saturated apple markets mean difficult year for South African exports
- “South African grapefruit arrives on empty market”
- “Asian vegetables are no longer a niche product”
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Blind taste test suggests:
AU: People prefer the flavour of Western Australia's bananasAn age old rivalry has been settled with a Curtin University study finding 4 out of 5 people prefer Western Australian bananas.
The study used 119 people in blind taste tests and found 80 per cent chose the western fruit as their favourite.
Dr Ranil Coorey, senior lecturer from the School of Food Science and Technology at Curtin University, said the results were overwhelmingly positive for the WA product.
"The main difference was flavour and then texture, or the mouthfeel, of the bananas.
"That's what made the overall acceptability of the Western Australian bananas much higher than that from Queensland."
For more information:
Sweeter Banana Co-op
Tel: +61 8 9456 0396
Mob: +61 400 1459 00
Fax: + 61 8 9456 1967
Publication date: 6/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: