Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
Blind taste test suggests:
AU: People prefer the flavour of Western Australia's bananasAn age old rivalry has been settled with a Curtin University study finding 4 out of 5 people prefer Western Australian bananas.
The study used 119 people in blind taste tests and found 80 per cent chose the western fruit as their favourite.
Dr Ranil Coorey, senior lecturer from the School of Food Science and Technology at Curtin University, said the results were overwhelmingly positive for the WA product.
"The main difference was flavour and then texture, or the mouthfeel, of the bananas.
"That's what made the overall acceptability of the Western Australian bananas much higher than that from Queensland."
For more information:
Sweeter Banana Co-op
Tel: +61 8 9456 0396
Mob: +61 400 1459 00
Fax: + 61 8 9456 1967
Publication date: 6/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: