Job offersmore »
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
Top 5 - yesterday
- Nominees for the 2018 Fruit Logistica Innovation Awards are announced
- "We currently distribute 7,000 to 8,000 fruit baskets a week"
- Ecuador: Banana prices are expected to be high at the beginning of 2018
- Excessive temperatures worry Western Cape citrus farmers
- The new entry for the Crimson Snow family is the French Mesfruits
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Amazon: Steeper price cuts at Whole Foods Market
- Year-round produce for Canada’s most northern communities
- BILLA Online Shop: over 50% of the online shopping baskets contain fresh products
- South Australia agricultural exports have increased due to new airlines
- Turkish tomato exports shot up 46% in October
Exchange ratesmore »
Blind taste test suggests:
AU: People prefer the flavour of Western Australia's bananasAn age old rivalry has been settled with a Curtin University study finding 4 out of 5 people prefer Western Australian bananas.
The study used 119 people in blind taste tests and found 80 per cent chose the western fruit as their favourite.
Dr Ranil Coorey, senior lecturer from the School of Food Science and Technology at Curtin University, said the results were overwhelmingly positive for the WA product.
"The main difference was flavour and then texture, or the mouthfeel, of the bananas.
"That's what made the overall acceptability of the Western Australian bananas much higher than that from Queensland."
For more information:
Sweeter Banana Co-op
Tel: +61 8 9456 0396
Mob: +61 400 1459 00
Fax: + 61 8 9456 1967
Publication date: 6/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: