Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- South Africa: "Farming with grapes is a sprint, citrus is a marathon."
- Colombia: Chiquita accused of crimes against humanity
- Photos reveal Del Monte's new pink pineapple
- Greek producers are great trading partners for Poland
- "The PGI will strengthen our expansion project for Canary bananas in Europe"
Top 5 - last week
- Nutritional difference between red and green apples
- OVERVIEW GLOBAL PINEAPPLE MARKET
- South Africa: perfect storm of climatic conditions caused Navel splitting
- Overview of CPMA awards for industry leaders and new products
- Argentina unable to export fruit to China due to lack of quality and high logistical costs
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Fyffes retains Carbon Trust StandardFyffes Group Ltd. has successfully recertified to the Carbon Trust Standard. By continuing to measure, manage and reduce its carbon emissions across its UK operations over the past two years, Fyffes has achieved a further reduction of 8%.
In 2010, Fyffes Group Ltd. became the first UK Banana Importer and Distributor to be awarded the Carbon Trust Standard, and in the last two years the company has honed its energy efficiency strategies even further to cut carbon emissions by a further 880 tonnes of CO2 and equivalent greenhouse gases (CO2e).
Paul Barrett, UK Brand Manager at Fyffes said: "The Carbon Trust Standard is the de facto UK mark of commitment to carbon reduction. By retaining the Carbon Trust Standard we’ve proved that by measuring energy usage, engaging staff, and encourage new ways of working, we can help make a real difference to climate change."
"Recertifying to the Carbon Trust Standard has enabled us to identify new areas to increase carbon efficiency, bringing tangible cost savings to our operations. With our carbon reduction strategies now coming of age through recertification, we plan to continue to renew our commitment to tacking action on climate change."
Darran Messem, Managing Director of Certification at the Carbon Trust, commented, "The Carbon Trust Standard helps businesses accurately calculate their carbon footprint, quantify their exposure to risk, and measure and benchmark progress of their carbon management initiatives. We congratulate Fyffes for the continued improvements in the reduction of the Group’s carbon footprint."
To achieve the Carbon Trust Standard, organisations must firstly measure their direct carbon footprint (for example, onsite fuel and electricity use), then prove that good carbon management practices are in place and demonstrate genuine reduction in their emissions over a three year period. The Carbon Trust Standard certificate is valid for two years. The recertification is equally robust and demands an even greater focus on carbon reduction since companies typically have targeted 'low hanging' fruit during their first certification.
For more information:
Tel.: +44 (0)1256 383227
Fax.: +44 (0)1256 383298
Publication date: 6/6/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: