Job offersmore »
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
South Korea retail sales fall againSouth Korea's top retail outlets saw their sales in May fall for a second consecutive month compared to last year, underscoring weakening domestic demand even as global demand cools for the country's exports.
Sales at the country's top department stores and discount stores fell 0.2 percent and 6.2 percent in May over a year earlier, respectively, after declines of 3.4 percent and 2.4 percent in April, the finance ministry said in a report on Tuesday.
It was rare for the monthly sales at both department and discount stores to suffer declines for two consecutive months and comes as South Koreans cut down spending in the face of the weakening economic growth.
The report comes days before the central bank holds a monthly meeting on Friday to review interest rate policy, with the market's consensus still for the Bank of Korea to leave rates unchanged for a 12th consecutive month
Publication date: 6/5/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: