Job offersmore »
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Greenhouses involve a great investment, but yield good results"
- Argentina: Mendoza shipments to Brazil are delayed by the crisis
- Andres Ribas, Vientosur: “A good citrus import-season expected in Europe”
- “We use sustainable development goals and are producing healthy food”
- Edible ink allows invisible label printing on fruit
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: June is Georgia blueberry monthThe Honorable Governor Nathan Deal has proclaimed June as Georgia Blueberry Month, highlighting one of the state’s most valuable crops.
June also marks the peak of season for Georgia Blueberries, which have a harvest that lasts from late April through July, the longest in North America for the berry.
"Georgia is among the top five blueberry-producing states in the U.S.," stated Joe Cornelius, Chairman of the Georgia Blueberry Commission. "We expect another great season with about 60 million pounds harvested. Given the rate of production over the last couple of seasons, Georgia could become the second largest blueberry producer in a few years."
The health benefits of blueberries make them an excellent addition to a wide range of recipes.
Full of antioxidants, Georgia Blueberries are a delicious way to lower cholesterol and decrease your risk of heart disease. There are even reports that can help in the fight against cancer. They’re high in fiber, contain no fat and at just 80 calories per cup, Sweet Georgia Blues are an easy and convenient snack.
Georgia Blueberry Commission has a host of recipes available and can arrange print, online or television interviews and/or cooking segments with one of their well-known cookbook authors and bloggers. Members of the Georgia Blueberry Commission are also available to discuss this year’s crop and economic outlook.
For more information:
Tel: +1 813-610-3211
Publication date: 6/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: