Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Philippines planning packing facilities upgradeThe agriculture department is planning to upgrade fruit packing facilities to ensure that exports are of good quality.
Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala said the department is consulting with exporters to ascertain which facilities required investment.
"It looks like the contamination (of exports) is coming from the packaging of small exporters so the best solution is for us to help them," he said.
He said the department would be paying the costs for the upgrades and would allot P450,000 to P500,000 ($10,345-$11,494 US).
There are indications that Malacañang has also approved an additional P50 million for the project. The additional budget would come from the President’s Social Fund.
Alcala said that, in addition to the upgrades, the department is also more thoroughly checking exports before sending them overseas.
The department is also understood to be considering agreements with Cambodia, Singapore and Japan for fruit shipments. They are considered to be ideal markets as they are close enough to the Philippines to be viable.
Publication date: 6/4/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: