Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Tesco unveils "Delivery Saver" offerTesco has launched its "Delivery Saver" offer in the UK. The new plan allows online shoppers to save on delivery charges by signing up to the subscription service. There are two subscriptions - £36 for three months and £60 for six months. Shopper can avail of unlimited grocery deliveries on orders over £40 as long as there is no more than one delivery per day.
The scheme was trialed in 37 stores in recent months. Tesco’s online competitor Ocado has used its delivery pass scheme to entice customers with its flat-rate charge. Shoppers signing up for six months could save up to £100 on delivery charges, said Tesco. The saving was calculated using one £6 delivery per week and one extra delivery.
"We listened to what our customers told us they wanted, and Delivery Saver is the result," said Ken Towle, Internet Retailing Director at Tesco. "Customers can choose from all available delivery slots, so shopping arrives at the most convenient time. Best of all, if you get regular home deliveries it will quickly pay for itself – and the more you use the service, the more you save."
Publication date: 6/1/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: