Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Top 5 - yesterday
- China: First ever large-scale domestic production of avocados to enter market in September
- Dutch launch first ever foreign pepper brand in China
- Criminals hack email of shipper for Dutch importer
- Conflicting reports about Russia importing Turkish tomatoes
- AU import restrictions on certain goods to change this month
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Tesco unveils "Delivery Saver" offerTesco has launched its "Delivery Saver" offer in the UK. The new plan allows online shoppers to save on delivery charges by signing up to the subscription service. There are two subscriptions - £36 for three months and £60 for six months. Shopper can avail of unlimited grocery deliveries on orders over £40 as long as there is no more than one delivery per day.
The scheme was trialed in 37 stores in recent months. Tesco’s online competitor Ocado has used its delivery pass scheme to entice customers with its flat-rate charge. Shoppers signing up for six months could save up to £100 on delivery charges, said Tesco. The saving was calculated using one £6 delivery per week and one extra delivery.
"We listened to what our customers told us they wanted, and Delivery Saver is the result," said Ken Towle, Internet Retailing Director at Tesco. "Customers can choose from all available delivery slots, so shopping arrives at the most convenient time. Best of all, if you get regular home deliveries it will quickly pay for itself – and the more you use the service, the more you save."
Publication date: 6/1/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: