Job offersmore »
- Supply Chain and Inventory Manager - Bologna, Italy
- Associate Director Global Procurement - Berlin, Germany
- FRUIT Buyer / Procurement / Purchase Manager 採購/買手 - Hong Kong
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Nordics - Finland
- International Account Manager City Farming - Netherlands
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
Top 5 - yesterday
- US Romaine lettuce E. coli outbreak quite relentless
- A challenging new citrus import season from southern hemisphere
- Busy first day of CPMA show in sunny Vancouver
- NZ: Spraying without chemicals, residues or health and safety issues
- "Rumours causing importers to switch from Chinese to Spanish garlic"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Tesco unveils "Delivery Saver" offerTesco has launched its "Delivery Saver" offer in the UK. The new plan allows online shoppers to save on delivery charges by signing up to the subscription service. There are two subscriptions - £36 for three months and £60 for six months. Shopper can avail of unlimited grocery deliveries on orders over £40 as long as there is no more than one delivery per day.
The scheme was trialed in 37 stores in recent months. Tesco’s online competitor Ocado has used its delivery pass scheme to entice customers with its flat-rate charge. Shoppers signing up for six months could save up to £100 on delivery charges, said Tesco. The saving was calculated using one £6 delivery per week and one extra delivery.
"We listened to what our customers told us they wanted, and Delivery Saver is the result," said Ken Towle, Internet Retailing Director at Tesco. "Customers can choose from all available delivery slots, so shopping arrives at the most convenient time. Best of all, if you get regular home deliveries it will quickly pay for itself – and the more you use the service, the more you save."
Publication date: 6/1/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: