Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Panama: President signs contract law between the State and Del Monte
- Hort Connections: 'Smart Packaging' is the way of the future
- Levarht launches China-produced tomatoes in retailers across the country
- Volm Companies and Wyma Solutions announce North American strategic partnership
- Italy: Natura Iblea's Paniere Bio initiative
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: banana growers forced to clear upThe banana industry in North Queensland has welcomed a pledge by the state government, to force growers who have experienced disease outbreaks to clean up.
This has resulted from an increase in cases of yellow sigatoka after which, some farmers claim, not everyone is cleaning up enough to prevent the spread.
The new Agriculture Minister John McVeigh says Biosecurity Queensland will now enforce regulations to make sure those clean-ups occur.
The President of the Cassowary Coast Banana Growers, Robert Mayers says he hopes it will prevent further outbreaks.
"There's only been a couple and one could understand it with prices being low and trying to do everything on a farm with low prices but most growers are managing to look after their farms well enough to keep yellow sigatoka out but some are having a struggle," he said.
Publication date: 5/31/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: