Job offersmore »
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
- Product manager for growing media - Finland or Estonia
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news was published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Selling melons is fun when it's sunny"The melon season is in full swing. Importer Brutyn also has all the different varieties in their assortment. They are mainly marketed under their own quality brand 'Jack'. "Due to the good weather there is now good demand for melons. It's fun", says Xavier enthusiastically. "Especially last week and today the demand has been very high. There are big volumes, so it was necessary. The warm weather was right on time."
He has almost all varieties under the brand name Jack at the moment. "We're still waiting for the Charentais and the yellow from Murcia. I expect them to arrive next week." Melon are mainly coming form Almeria at the moment and in the coming weeks more will arrive from Murcia.
Brutyn indicates that mainly Galia's are doing well. "They do of course have the largest volumes. The quality of the products is good. The prices are dependent on the sizes. What's striking this year is that there are a lot of small sizes. The average price for fives and sixes is around 5.00-5.50. If you move to sevens and smaller sizes, the price goes right down to 4 Euro or less. The fives and sixes are the best sizes, you can sell the smaller ones too for that price. In Holland it's much harder to sell the little ones."
"We just hope the weather stays reasonable until the end of this week. The expectations aren't that great. When there's sun selling them is fun."
For more information:
Longchamplaan 38 bus 2
8400 Oostende, België
T:+32(0)59 70 13 33
F:+32(0)59 70 16 6
Publication date: 5/31/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: