Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
- AU: Some WA Strawberry growers forecast average production despite TPP
- Germany: Substantial price increases for Spanish imported vegetables
- "Hopefully 2018 will be a better year for avocados than 2017"
- Ukraine: Blueberry demand still growing faster than supplies
- Opening of apple season in Eastern Free State, South Africa
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Worldwide Fruit win Re:fresh packer of the yearAt the 2012 Re:fresh awards held in London on 17th May, Worldwide Fruit was delighted to win the prestigious Packer of the year award.
The award was presented to Neal Collishaw (WFL Operations Director) by celebrity chef James Martin and Nigel Jenney, CEO Fresh Produce Consortium.
Nigel Jenney said, "Worldwide Fruit has made terrific technological advancements and investment in new facilities. It is a worthy winner of the Re:fresh Packer of the Year Award."
Worldwide Fruit Operations Director Neal Collishaw was delighted by this reward saying "Winning this award is a fantastic achievement for the team rewarding them for their hard work and commitment. By investing in our people, facility and the technology we use gives us the ability to maximise the value we offer to our customers. To be chosen from such a strong field of entries all with great stories to tell is refreshingly satisfying."
About the Worldwide Fruit Facility, Spalding:-
• 6500m2 packing and cool storage.
• 10x28 pallet ripening rooms.
• 210 Employees
• Narrow isles wire guidance system
• State of the art Avocado grading system
• Lean Principles deployed Jan 2012
For more information:
Tel: +44 (0)1775717000
Publication date: 5/28/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: