Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- Eden Agri Citrus: black farmers assume majority share-holding in packhouse
- Canadian growers shake their heads at talk of boycotting US goods
- First ever red sweet onions out of Walla Walla
- New Zealand: Exclusive avocado access to Australia under threat
- German specialist extending shelf life without preservatives
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Canada: Nature Fresh Farms official Gold Sponsor of International Children's GamesAt a kick-off event hosted by the City of Windsor, Nature Fresh Farms was recognized as an official Gold Sponsor of the 2013 International Children’s Games being held in Windsor-Essex in 2013.
Inspired by the Game's objectives of healthy living and volunteerism, Nature Fresh Farms sees this as a golden opportunity to promote healthy foods. Founder and CEO Peter Quiring stated "Nature Fresh Farms is proud to be a Gold sponsor of the 2013 International Children’s Games. The healthy living pledge of these games is one which we at Nature Fresh have always supported in our industry & our community. In addition to our in-kind donation of $50,000 worth of Nature Fresh produce, we are also honoured to have employees volunteering their time. The child of one of our employees is participating as an athlete in these games and Nature Fresh is the proud team sponsor. We value the "In Sport We Are One" theme and the lessons that will be learned by the athletes as each strives for their personal best in the 2013 International Children’s Games."
The "In Sport We Are One" legacy program was developed to enlist the support of citizens, civic groups,private enterprise, volunteer organizations and local school boards to encourage healthy living through regular physical activity and good nutritional habits. It is hoped that when the games are over, children will
have developed routine healthy living habits and will continue to share this knowledge with their families.
The Windsor-Essex region is expecting to host between 1,500 and 2,000 young athletes, of between 12 and 15 years of age, and their coaches from around the world to compete in sports like baseball, basketball, athletics and aquatic events.
The Games, under the auspices of the International Olympic Committee, originated in Slovenia more than 40 years ago and since their inception have attracted 37,000 athletes from 86 countries and 411 cities to represent their communities.
With 147 acres under glass in 2012, Leamington’s Nature Fresh Farms is the largest greenhouse operation in Canada , and the largest bell pepper grower in North America. 100% of our produce is grown in their Canadian facilties. The Nature Fresh emphasis on sustainability, environmental responsibility, food safety, traceability,
quality and community involvement meshes beautifully with the healthy living mandate for the International Children’s Games.
For more information:
Tel: +1 519-326-1111
Publication date: 5/28/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: