Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
AU: Potato growers praises WoolworthsA potato merchant from Victoria's West Gippsland is publicly thanking Woolworths for its support of the region's spud growers.
Mike Durkin, from Durkin Produce at Thorpdale, says the supermarket paid growers twice the price that its competitors were offering.
A huge oversupply of potatoes nationally and poor retail market prices have driven the price of potatoes down this year.
But Mr Durkin says a fixed price contract with Woolworths saved the growers he deals with.
"Without a doubt. They entered into a fixed price in May of last year for five major lines, potatoes being one of them. And to their credit they have backed us 100 per cent," he said.
"Unfortunately, I can't say that for their competitors. Their competitors were paying half the price that Woolworths were."
Publication date: 5/25/2012
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector: